Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 08:45 PM

Default AT25ds and AQ25ds

i'd like to post a lot more hands in the future, but i'll post these right now.

1) AT25ds - Should I raise preflop in EP or MP?

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font>

Folded to Hero, who raises to .50, MP2 and BB call

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

All check

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets pot, BB folds, Hero folds

I wasn't sure what to do at this point, but I didn't want to draw to the nut flush since the board was paired and only a nut low draw.

2) AQ25ds - Is this a raise in EP or MP? Seems like an odd question, since I PFR'ed the AT25ds.

I'm not really sure if either of these should be raised preflop in EP or MP. I think you can raise them in LP.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font>

Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>

I saw my hand as, two pair with the 2nd nut flush draw against 6 players.

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets pot, 3 folds, button calls, SB and BB fold

Not really sure I knew exactly what I was doing here, but I think I was trying to get better high hands to fold.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I bet the pot, button folds.

I wasn't sure what the strenght of my hand was on the flop against 6 players.

I didn't know what to do. On the turn, I think, my hand improved against a high hand, but i'm still unsure of the whole situation.

Comments appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: AT25ds and AQ25ds

Raising preflop in early position is really just about style of play. I'd have no problem playing for a potraise with either of these hands, whether I make it or not. Usually, if I'm the first one in, I'll just limp, since I'll typically be playing against someone who has position on me (if anyone plays at all). If there is already a limper in front of me, I'll tend to pot it, since I'm likely to have position after the flop. I know other good players that will make preflop raise decisions only looking at the cards and nothing else (position, etc., is irrelevant to them.)

Folding on the turn in the first hand is probably the correct move. I'd likely call, anyway, but I've been far too loose lately.

You overplayed your hand on the second board and just got lucky. With six players in (i.e. 24 cards out), I do not give non-nut flush draws or top and bottom pair much value, especially without a low draw.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: AT25ds and AQ25ds

What are the chances that making the nut flush and it being good?

5 hearts can give me the nut low and the nut flush - i'll scoop that percentage of time times .11

i still think that it is too much trouble to ask for.