Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: SSNL Session + review posts?

I vote let's give it a shot. If the OP looks like the one currently in the limit forum, it shouldn't be too tough to give some feedback. One of the troubles I anticipate is that stack sizes play an important role in certain NL decisions that they don't in limit. Are you going to put stack sizes in for every hand?? That would be nuts. And long.

I'd volunteer my HH's. But. I don't want to send the forum into a hyper-uber aggressive spin.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:40 AM

Ah! Had I known that little program exists it would have been made my job a lot easier. I used it to convert all the rest of the hands and did the same job for the first 60 hands too to not brake harmony. Thanks for mentioning it.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 miscelaneous things:

First, I'd suggest putting this to a vote to see how much interest there is in a weekly session post here. I'll post the thread, if nobody objects.

Next, regarding the way in which the session contributor is selected. Once this gets started, everybody will want to get a chance at posting thier session. Obviously, it's like a free coaching session. Who wouldn't want that? In micros we decided very early on that this great benefit should go to someone who has given something to the forum. They don't have to be a carpal/tunnel, but strangers and newbies were excluded. Its nothing personal against the lurkers and new posters, but it just doesn't seem fair to the people who contribute a lot of personal time and effort to not get a chance at the session post. Besides, all a newbie has to do to become eligible to post a future session is contribute to the forum. We came up with a soft & arbitrary rule that only those posters with > 200 posts were eligible to be the session contributor.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this and think we should vote on this in the next day or so. oh yeah i agree that in the future we should keep this restricted to posters with some posts but i dont see any reason to punish the op since he already converted his hands and he did bring up the discussion.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd volunteer my HH's. But. I don't want to send the forum into a hyper-uber aggressive spin.

[/ QUOTE ]

word. y'all might think i'm retarded if you saw a session of mine....which is why it might be interesting sometime.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:49 AM

Sounds cool. The only problem might be the table image aspects of the post. Certainly with over 100 hands, you're developing reads on your opponents, as are we. Since the convertor changes everyone's name to their table position, reads are lost from previous hands. You'd have to edit who they were in previous hands manually. It'd also be kinda tricky remembering people, and how said people think of you, when you're going to probably be playing 4 tables.

Just some thoughts.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:02 AM

That sounds like a pretty sweet idea. Isn't there a hand replayer on some site? It might be possible to post your raw hand history, then have forum members use the replayer to watch the session in its entirety. This would solve the problem about certain players' table images.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:16 AM

We've done this before in SSNL.

basically everyone buddies up, exchanges a few sessions by email or other means, and talks poker. Its good stuff.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:21 AM

That's a very good point which I should have noticed earlier. Now I guess it's a bit too late unless I go through the trouble of re-converting all of the handhistories, which I really don't want to do. However I have included the stack sizes in every hand and they should give you atleast some notion of who's who.

Since people have been so positive about this I'm ready to post the hands to get this going. If xorbie wants to stick it or edit the thread in anyway then be my guest. I'm intending to write a short introduction for my post, but in the future it might be better if one of the more experienced posters who also speaks english as his native language can do a more consistent job.

I perfectly understand why the more experienced posters should have the priviledge of posting their sessions in the first place, but I promise I will contribute for the upcoming session reviews as much as I can to make up for this.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:45 AM

It's up now. If anyone has any suggestions as how to make it better you could give me feedback here so that the thread keeps clean. I have the whole session saved on my harddrive so if I should have rather waited before posting it xorbie can delete it freely.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:00 AM

I've just found this thread, after I replied to kotkis' session post. I felt a comment about how to do these session posts might be better in this thread than the other...

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds cool. The only problem might be the table image aspects of the post. Certainly with over 100 hands, you're developing reads on your opponents, as are we. Since the convertor changes everyone's name to their table position, reads are lost from previous hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was far an away the biggest problem with it. After about 3 or 4 hands I just stopped trying to follow who was who and gave general hand advice. This is a shame, since I think the most tangible benefit of posting a session of hands is this ability to get reads and understandings of how others were playing. If you can't do that, the exercise goes way down in value. If this is going to become a regular thing, then I think this problem needs to be addressed.