Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 08-23-2005, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Advanced Low Limit Tactic

OK its that too!

Another nice thing about NOT BTP, especially short handed, is that you can play "how small a bet will win this pot for me". Because people TEND to pay more attention short handed, you can start to bet, value bet and steal with comparatively tiny bets.

gl

Dave D
Old 08-23-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been thinking about pot control a lot lately. It's hard once you fall into the aggro pattern of always BTP to recgonize how you are (a) accomplish expensively what can often times be accomplished less expensively (b) failing to create situations on the river where you can bluff effectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem with this is that you set yourself up to be read easily in spots where you'd really like to protect your hand to the maximum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that is the problem and one of the reasons why my default has been to keep my bet sizes relatively static to make it harder to read. But, and I'm still working on this of course, I've found that as I play against more cognizant opponents I can mix up my bet sizes a lot more as long a I don't fall into any set patterns (i.e. figure out how I might be expected to play a hand and then flip it). Most of this is only really effective short-handed.

In small stakes full-ring games the lineup changes so fast and the people appear to be only have paying attention to the game or just plain dumb often enough that these concerns or secondary most of the time. No?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In small stakes full-ring games the lineup changes so fast and the people appear to be only have paying attention to the game or just plain dumb often enough that these concerns or secondary most of the time. No?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats probably true online at lower limits. But live you will often be playing with the same guys for 8 hour stretches, also over time you'll log a lot of hands with the same players and they'll start to get a handle on your play if they're any good.