Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 08-08-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Chip Runner Lays Odds

[ QUOTE ]
you live in LA...lemme guess, you think bush and arnold are both crooks looking to skrew over the common man? i can tell you for an absolute fact, you straight up STOLE $100 from the runner. people like you need to be deported.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sparks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are a punk. that is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not really the word you want to use, is it? I mean, "punk" just doesn't work here, IMO. You should try again.

Sparks
Old 08-08-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And don't feel TOO bad for the house. They only drop (including asian games) about $250,000... a day

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a single post citing sympathy for the house as grounds for doing the right thing. (If you pressed me, I'd have to say that even stealing from the rich is stealing, but that's beside the point.)

Do you just not believe that the chip-runner will be called to account? Do you think the house literally doesn't notice a missing $100 chip?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And of course feel free to comment on my principles

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? They obviously aren't important to you.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:30 PM

Sparks, I don't blame you ... I would have walked out with it to... and I really think alot of these guys trying to jump on your case about it , would have as well. This "chip runner" works in a job that requires perfection because money (lots) is at stake... If this goober didn't hand count the bills/chips out in front of you (and every customer) then it's his fault, and paying back the $100 would be a small price to pay for f'n up .. What if he would have been coloring up a 2000-4000 player? Giving him money? Same mistake could have cost thousands... Oh.. and everyone will say , well it was accident, etc... well in that kind of job you can't afford accidents..

What if this "chip runner" were a parachute rigger? What would his little mistake cost then?

I have morals, and I don't care if a bunch of morons on the internet tell me I do or do not...
Old 08-08-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have morals, and I don't care if a bunch of morons on the internet tell me I do or do not...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't go around giving gratuitous moral advice, because frankly I have enough of my own issues to deal with. But if you invite comment on the topic, expect to get it.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:42 PM

So basically, you are feeling guilty and are hoping that we can make you feel better.

Rates start at $100 an hour. Please cancel all appointments with at least 24 hours notice.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well in that kind of job you can't afford accidents..

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing we require a chiprunner MBA

[ QUOTE ]
What if this "chip runner" were a parachute rigger? What would his little mistake cost then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice comparison, idiot

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you do- they're just not ethical. Obviously your lower-level ones can use some work. Or you need to reacquaint yourself with the dictionary to find out what those words really mean.

AIM
Old 08-08-2005, 05:15 PM

punk is an alternate spelling for troll.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:39 PM

probably the cashiere that made the mistake and yes it will come out of her check or she will be let go.

This has happened to me when I cashed out and I brought it to their attention.The cashier recounted and said it was okay . I brought the supervisor over to recount because I knew she was overpaying me. I didn't believe me It's all about right and wrong and karma.

As for your principle's cant comment on what does not exist.