Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: KK hand from 6-max, how did I do?

[ QUOTE ]
I like a c/r on the flop. My read is this guy had QJ... which would be enough to open-miniraise on the button and call with position.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, that's after you saw the result. Would you still check-raise the flop if you didn't see the rest of the hand? Against a LAG, a flop check-raise wouldn't be too bad, but this guy is passive. Most of the time when you check that flop, he'll check right behind you.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:43 PM

I don't like pushing the turn simply because he will most likely throw away all the hands I'm ahead and call with those I'm behind. If I must make a decision to play or not to play the hand to the end I would much rather just call the turn and then call his river bet. This should leave him some room to overplay his TP?K or possibly even bluff me because I showed weakness.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:30 PM

my line=preflop is perfect, pot the flop, 3/4 pot the turn. if he min raises us here its decision time, i think i find a fold but im a super nit these days. if u call i think your line need to = check call river, this way if u r ahead u give the villain a chance to bluff off his chips or check behind if hes weak.

i think u r beat, and the turn is the spot to fold but in the heat of battle i dont know that i make the fold there either.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:16 PM

Raise more preflop. 3.50-5$ range.

Post flop looks perfect.