Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: adventure with AJo

He mentioned he was a "little bit" of a donkey. No mention was made of the UTG player's skill..

If you assume both of them are playing horribly all the time you will lose money in the long run. Even Donkey's get good hands and bet/raise them.

Heads up i might go all the way but not with a cold caller who bets into us on the flop.

If you were to go past the flop the play is not that bad, but i think going past the flop is a mistake..

What are the results of the hand?
Old 05-29-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: adventure with AJo

Strange betting in this hand. I am thinking maybe UTG-1 had clubs with high card strength, like K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP2's strange limp-raise is the kind of thing I've seen some donks do with a big pair, feeling like they could pump up the pot that way. So he might have had AA, KK or QQ. With that in mind, I think you can make a case for Hero folding to two bets on the flop, with UTG-1 having a pair plus a flush draw and MP2 maybe having a set.

It's odd that they both become passive when K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] falls on the turn, and then MP2 bets on the river, with UTG-1 C/C.
So my guess would be that MP2 shows a set, maybe QQQ since the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] seemed to slow him down on the turn, and UTG-1 has a busted flush and maybe 2 pair, KK and QQ.

These are guesses, of course, and perhaps all wrong, but it was an interesting hand to think about.

bill c