Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 05:58 AM

Default what if you get hit by a bus?

i have a bankroll comfortable enough to play at 15/30 and getting close to 30/60 spread over a couple of poker sites as well as neteller. my family and also my girlfriend know that i play online poker and they know i play 15/30. however, they do not know the types of swings that you have in these games and the bankroll required to comfortably play in these games. and i would prefer to keep it that way. they do not know all the sites where i have my bankroll at and have no idea how to access my accounts. if something were to ever happen to me, i would hate for the poker sites and neteller to get to keep my bankroll that i've worked so hard for. has anyone else thought about this and any suggestions?
Old 05-18-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Re: what if you get hit by a bus?

I would write down every password and bit of information in a book or piece of paper or something. And tell them about it. Carry it in your wallet maybe.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:41 AM

"Carry it in your wallet maybe."

This is a decidedly bad idea.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:22 AM

If only there was some kind of legally binding document that detailed your belongings, specifying who gets what in the event of your death. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Seriously, make a will, and include all your accounts details. If anything happens, these sites would pay up upon receipt of your death certificate.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:40 AM

Keep all account information in a bank box. Mention it in your will. Problem solved. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2005, 07:41 AM

My parents have a safty deposit box. I am planing to give them all my acconts and passwords. They know that I have some money there but not how much. I trust them that they will not look.

And if I loose all my paswords. Memory loos or something then I can always ask them. So this is good to more than a will.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:54 AM

I can't be bothered to sort out a will ..... It's kinda dark Guys [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

My significant other is aware of my bankroll. If I got hit by a bus, could she make some kind of claim to Party Poker? Or next of kin? There is pretty obvious evidence of who I am, and my relations, etc.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:55 AM

i have given my family an envelope which contains all pertinent details regarding my accounts, and trust that they won't open it unless something happens to me... the instructions being to pull everything into neteller, then deposit into my bank account, which would then be turned over to them in the event of my demise/incapacitation/etc.

periodically, i change my passwords, etc., but always try to make sure that i give them a new envelope with the updated information.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:26 AM

I gave my father a disk which contains all information about my online accounts. Just hope he can figure out what to do with the info.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:27 AM

what if you get hit by a bus?

Ensure you did as your mam told you and ensure you have clean underwear on each day.

Apart from that the envelope and a storage box with all your key documents in re insurance and will etc should sort it.