Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Pocket Jacks...did I miss play?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Other than not betting the turn when I still had at least 10 outs, what did I miss?
Old 05-14-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Pocket Jacks...did I miss play?

[ QUOTE ]
Other than not betting the turn when I still had at least 10 outs, what did I miss?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn. If he raises you, you can throw it away. If he calls and bets into you on the river when the board pairs, throw it away. If he calls and checks on the river, check behind.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn. If he raises you, you can throw it away. If he calls and bets into you on the river when the board pairs, throw it away. If he calls and checks on the river, check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize he has an OESD right? Folding on the turn here would be awful. I am usually taking a freecard here, as you are often behind. On the river, that call is read-dependent for me. If the player is aggressive then I will call, but I'm often folding this.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:26 PM

Once it's HU I'd call the flop, call the turn, and call the river UI. Bet if checked to. You're likely behind (would SB play an ace gutshot like this?), but if you're ahead (or if you should hit), you don't want villain to stop betting into you.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:33 PM

Oops. Disregard my post.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once it's HU I'd call the flop, call the turn, and call the river UI. Bet if checked to. You're likely behind (would SB play an ace gutshot like this?), but if you're ahead (or if you should hit), you don't want villain to stop betting into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate betting the river UI. There are almost no hands that will pay us off here that we beat. If he had any pair on the flop, it now beats us (save underpairs which is very unlikely). He is not calling on a busted draw.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:06 PM

Yeah, you're very right - I just kind of added that 'bet if checked to' as the standard disclaimer. I think a river check-behind on this board is very good.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:06 PM

You can't get value out of a turn bet if you assume you have to improve to win and you have only one caller with your odds of improving 3.7:1. You don't even get value out of your flop raise, but I like it as a semi bluff and to take a free card on the turn if you miss. I do think your behind here unless SB is super aggressive and prone to bet into the preflop raiser with bottom pair on a three Broadway flop. You don't see that much.

I would fold this river most of the time. I think you have less than 1 in 6 chance of being ahead here with most opponents.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:10 PM

I'm betting the turn both for value and in hopes he'll fold. His check on the turn indicates he's got a K or Q (or he's trying for a check raise - has he check raised before?). If he raises, go into check/call mode on the river but I'm not folding this one to a river bet. Note: I'm seeing 8 good outs not 10 b/c 2 of those outs puts 3 to flush on the board - however still plenty to see the river.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:15 PM

You're calling a river bet if he c/r the turn? What is your range of hands for him at this point here that you beat. I see you good 1/50 times.