Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Wrong Place, Wrong time

Played my first Stars PLO multitable today, $20+2 130-140 entrants. I win a few decent pots and make it to the final 19, 18 get paid. I have already decided I would rather miss the money and take a chance to make the big bucks.

I haven't played a hand in awhile, have a $8000 chip stack and pick up 8 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Folded around to the button who limps ($15000 stack). He just won a few big pots doubling up. His play haasnt impressed me and he pretty much raises with good cards, so I think he is pretty weak here. I considered raising, but didnt want to escalate a pot with such bad position even though looking back I probably could have won it right there. BB ($4000 checks).

Flop 7 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
This likely missed my opponent so I put out a $400 bet trying to pick it up right here. BB folds. Button calls. I now figure I'm beat and get ready to check fold when.........

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

It looks like I just sucked out and have this pot now. I bet the pot and get reraised, pretty much call or get blinded out now, so I call all in.

He turns over J772 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Really wish I raised there
Old 04-15-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Wrong Place, Wrong time

River was a J also, so at least he didn't have 78 and have a runner runner bad beat story to go and tell [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]