Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2004, 12:26 PM

Default Kudos to Fossilman!!!!

So last night, the girlfriend and I went to play some B&M at the Golden Nugget and lo and behold who did I see playing in the night tourney, but Greg "Fossilman" Raymer himself. Of course, I couldn't resist approching him. I said, "WOuld you mind if I shake your hand." He did, and I congratulated him. I didn't introduce myself, I just acted like some groupie. I even got to see him play a few hands at the fianl table (There were five players when I left) Of course he had a monster stack [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I must say he was very approachable and even took pictures with a few people. OVerall, he seems like a great guy and great ambassador to the game.

So Greg if your reading this, I approached you during the first break..I was wearing a LeBron James jersey. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2004, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Kudos to Fossilman!!!!

What time did the tourny start, because he was playing in the limit pokerstars tourney? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2004, 11:58 PM

The tournament started at 7 PM Vegas Time.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:48 PM

Thanks for saying hi. I don't recall who you are, because there were several people who came up and said hi like that. Feel free to tell me who you are next time. Hopefully my bad memory will come through for me.

BTW, you should've stuck around. I ended up winning. Got back half of what I lost in the 300-600 mixed game at Bellagio. ;-)

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 08-02-2004, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for saying hi. I don't recall who you are, because there were several people who came up and said hi like that. Feel free to tell me who you are next time. Hopefully my bad memory will come through for me.

BTW, you should've stuck around. I ended up winning. Got back half of what I lost in the 300-600 mixed game at Bellagio. ;-)

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

"You know you're a celebrity when"...

Some random stranger comes up to you, says strange things, and you don't even remember it because it happened too many times in the same evening.

eastbay
Old 08-03-2004, 05:05 PM

Just finished reading the article Andy Glazer wrote about you in this month's Card Player. Great article!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 05:10 PM

cool story.

i usually laugh when i see a celebrity with my friends and they are all oogly and i just think, damn i bet these celebrities want to be left alone!

then again, i'd probably be the same if a saw one of the "poker stars", haha.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:33 AM

I had a nearly similar experience at the Bellagio Festa al Lago tournament on the 4th of July weekend. I come down the elevators about 90 minutes before the main tournament starts, and who's standing outside the gift shop, chatting?

Greg Raymer, Dan Harrington and David Sklansky.

Hmmmmm. That's a lot of poker brainpower. Talking pre-tournament strategy? A new book in the works, perhaps?

I wander off to check the wait list in the poker room. Come back a bit later, and they're still there. I felt like walking up and saying, "Hi. I'm a student of poker. I sometimes post, but mostly just read on the 2+2 forums. I'll just stand here and listen to your conversation. Carry on."

But I didn't.