Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Scott Fischman -- Could be the Best of \"The Crew\"

And I read he has the chip lead in todays 1 or 2k event at the mirage. He is certainly running well right now!

Ken
Old 07-28-2004, 06:14 PM

Or better yet....they're at the same table as Eskimo Clark...can't see him taking too much crap from anyone.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:59 PM

Well you have known him for 3 years, I have know him for 60 minutes via the telecast, I will take your word for it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2004, 01:24 AM

I second the motion. Met and had dinner with Fischman and Boyd about a week before he won his first bracelet. Both seemed very nice and down to earth. They also gave me a TON of poker insight, and made very helpful suggestions for my tournament game.

Hearing them argue about whethere LA (Boyd) or Vegas (Fischman)was the best place to live play poker was funny too.

Fishman also told me that he thought 2+2 was a great tool to improve one's game. I'm guessing he at least lurks sometimes.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:05 PM

I agree with Clarkmeister and warlockjd. I have spent some time with Scott as well and he is a genuinely nice guy.

As to whether or not he is cocky, I think he has the right to be right now. Clarkmeister is right, it doesn't make him a bad guy.

potzz
Old 07-31-2004, 03:22 AM

Well for those he thinks he sucks and those that think he's good. He plays alot on PokerStars...so at least you can watch his game for free..."EmptySeat88"
Old 07-31-2004, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but how lucky can one man be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Moneymaker. End of story.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:48 PM

i was searching my friends name and came upon this thread...i've personally known scott since highschool, and we used to play poker together. the "cockyness" that was shown on TV maybe was part of his pokergame...not in T.V. land which is edited and sliced, he's one of the nicest guys out there. I'm finding all these threads hating on the "crew" but these guys are banning together to better their skills. How can you hate that?
i just wanted other people to know that Poker is skill and Luck, like someone else posted...look at moneymaker. But scott has placed high in many tournments, and "even though it was not on T.V." scott won another braclet 2 days after his first one. He won it in the hardest WSOP tournys H.O.R.S.E. anyway, just wanted to give my friend the respect he deserves, if you talked with him in person you'd want to join the "crew" and have fun, thats whats its about.....
Old 08-06-2004, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was searching my friends name and came upon this thread...i've personally known scott since highschool, and we used to play poker together. the "cockyness" that was shown on TV maybe was part of his pokergame...not in T.V. land which is edited and sliced, he's one of the nicest guys out there. I'm finding all these threads hating on the "crew" but these guys are banning together to better their skills. How can you hate that?
i just wanted other people to know that Poker is skill and Luck, like someone else posted...look at moneymaker. But scott has placed high in many tournments, and "even though it was not on T.V." scott won another braclet 2 days after his first one. He won it in the hardest WSOP tournys H.O.R.S.E. anyway, just wanted to give my friend the respect he deserves, if you talked with him in person you'd want to join the "crew" and have fun, thats whats its about.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I have found on pokerstars he is very nice, I have no idea where all the hate for him on this forum stems.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was searching my friends name and came upon this thread...i've personally known scott since highschool, and we used to play poker together. the "cockyness" that was shown on TV maybe was part of his pokergame...

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott FIschman, last Tuesday on ESPN, not playing, but standing over Gank who has just won the omaha hi/lo championship:

(screaming) "WE'RE TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!! WE'VE GOT ALL THE BRACELETS!!! WE'RE ALL UNDER 24!!!!" (and more ranting)