Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2004, 12:27 PM

Default Scott Fischman -- Could be the Best of \"The Crew\"

Say what you want about Scott Fischman, but the dude is on fire. Coming off his two WSOP Bracelets, he's had a good Orleans Open, he took second in last weekend $340/ 1 rebuy $300 NL for 26K and won Thursday's 100 Unliminted rebuy NL for 40K..

he may be cocky, but he's a pretty damn good poker player...
Old 07-25-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Scott Fischman -- Could be the Best of \"The Crew\"

In the future Scott will be judged on his accomplishments in the poker world and the criticism he is recieving is only fueling his fire to become even better than he already is.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the future Scott will be judged on his accomplishments in the poker world and the criticism he is recieving is only fueling his fire to become even better than he already is.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's still an [censored].
Old 07-25-2004, 05:01 PM

does it really matter?
Old 07-25-2004, 09:46 PM

Perhaps it was intentional ESPN editing,
but Fischman was clearly outplayed in the WSOP episode.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps it was intentional ESPN editing,
but Fischman was clearly outplayed in the WSOP episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

true that he made some mistakes, but how lucky can one man be? I think hes pretty skilled to get all of these high finishes.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:11 PM

He has too be very talented, and somewhat lucky, too finish that high in this many events in such a short period of time. Talent and or luck aside, he is a phucking azzhole who deserves to get his azz beat for the way he acts. You may have more talent then me, and you may take my cash, but don't you dare belittle me with your antics. I love those kinda guys who act so tuff, and cocky (not just in cards, or pool). I love to remind them not to act to cocky(and there are plenty of pure sh$ttalkers out there)or else we could step outside to continue the talk - I am 6'3' 275, and an ex college football player. This usually shuts them up. I would also love to meet some of these sh$t talkers who, berate you online, up close and personal...they would probably wet themselves. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2004, 07:56 PM

I'm sure you're a very intimidating presence, and if you saw me I know you wouldn't feel very threatened by my 5'10", 170 lb., 40 yr. old frame.

But I've run across many big guys who thought their size automatically made them the better fighter. It doesn't.

I'm a very peacefull, slow-to-burn kinda guy. You wouldn't know it to look at me, but I'm a ex-Navy Seal who knows how to incapacitate anyone, regardless of size.

As they say about co cks, it ain't the size it's what you can do with it that counts.

So be careful who you try to intimidate with your bulk - one day you may run across someone like me who doesn't care how big and muscular you are.

Just a friendly reminder. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2004, 08:41 PM

I guess you didnt get the theme of my response, perhaps I didnt say it very well, if that is the case I am sorry [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] My point was that when someone gets all cocky, and "puts it in my face" so to speak becouse they think they can becouse we are playing cards so its ok to "call the big guy a [censored] idiot" or the likes there of, I simply remind them that we can talk more outside about the hand if thats the way they want to talk to me...thats all [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] If they think I play bad, or wild, and should never have called there raise preflop, so be it. But show some respect to others at the table. I also have no doubt about your ability, and that size is relative to how you use it. I know many people that are much, much smaller then I that could have a field day with me and I respect that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I met most of them in college while I was on the wrestling team, and my time spent in Judo - 2nd degree brown [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

But I, just like you am a very very laid back guy who has heard way to much crap in my time(Law enforcement days) to take too much to heart, I usually let it slide as I stack their chips in my pile [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I really think ESPN choose to air a bunch of shots of "the crew" to get people talking....even talking trash is still advertising the program. I am sure that one day "the crew" will piss off the wrong person with their antics, and then they will learn some humility [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2004, 09:18 PM

Fair enough...I completely respect where you're coming from and I must admit to using some of the "if you'd care to discuss this further outside" conversational replies to rude behaviour, as well.

Like you said, I'm sure one of the asinine "Crew" will piss off the wrong person at the wrong time and get his head handed to him. I won't mind as long as it's on TV. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]