Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: $22: push any two from SB here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Um. Am I reading this right? You want to push 12BB into an 11BB stack with T5? At a $22.

And there are people here agreeing with you? Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think that's crazy? If I have a tight image and think villain is fairly tight I do this every time. This being a $22 and the BB having a similar size stack is more of an argument to push rather than fold.

At a higher buy-in I would lean towards folding.

If the big blind had a much smaller or much larger stack I would lean towards folding.

Am I way off base here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The fact you think pushing at the $22s is better than pushing at the $55s is worrisome.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:04 PM

OP,

Wow, you're surely abusing SNGPT b/c there's no way it indicates a push any two here.

Yugoslav
Old 12-28-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

Wow, you're surely abusing SNGPT b/c there's no way it indicates a push any two here.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Half the forum is apparently abusing it.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. The fact you think pushing at the $22s is better than pushing at the $55s is worrisome.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the reasons the $22's are so easy to beat is the sub-optimal bubble play. This typically means getting too tight, not too loose at the bubble. (Bad players are loose early and tight late, the opposite of proper strategy.)

When I play higher levels, I loosen up my calling standards around the bubble because I know more players understand bubble play and will be loosening up their pushing range. For the same reason, I tighten up on my bubble pushes at higher levels because I'm more likely to get called.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you run the numbers?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the reasons the $22's are so easy to beat is the sub-optimal bubble play. This typically means getting too tight, not too loose at the bubble. (Bad players are loose early and tight late, the opposite of proper strategy.)

When I play higher levels, I loosen up my calling standards around the bubble because I know more players understand bubble play and will be loosening up their pushing range. For the same reason, I tighten up on my bubble pushes at higher levels because I'm more likely to get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

IT'S SIX HANDED!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Um. Am I reading this right? You want to push 12BB into an 11BB stack with T5? At a $22.

And there are people here agreeing with you? Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think that's crazy? If I have a tight image and think villain is fairly tight I do this every time. This being a $22 and the BB having a similar size stack is more of an argument to push rather than fold.

At a higher buy-in I would lean towards folding.

If the big blind had a much smaller or much larger stack I would lean towards folding.

Am I way off base here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at it this way:

You have around $15 EV in this tourney right now. Pushing is probably worth about 15 cents right now.

If you make it to the bubble you may have $25-$30 EV in the tourney. You may have several opportunities to push worth 30 cents or more each. However, these opportunities only arise when you can put your opponents on an accurate hand range.(preferably as tight as possible)

The more confidence you have in their calling ranges the more profitable spots you are going to find.

Can you see how raising here damages you by hurting your ability to put your opponents on accurate ranges and make better decisions in the future?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP,

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you run the numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]

For this exact situation? Nope....I'm at work anyway right now and can't unless I wanna do it old school non-SNGPT style, which I surely don't.

I checked with my magic forumbot 8 ball and it says 'FOLD, MOERON'.....so, that's good enuf for me.

Yugoslav
Old 12-28-2005, 06:14 PM

I just ran this with HERO holding 72o and it's still +$EV with villain at a "loose" preset range.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold, don't think twice.

[/ QUOTE ]