Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 05:23 PM

Default 15/30 JJ line?

Same great game at Paradise Poker on X-mas where players seem to make their gifts in the form of loose $$ calls. Game is fairly aggressive, but turn raises are considered significant.

Not much was known about UTG, but I was on button with JJ and there was an in-between caller. I opted to call and see a flop. No one has shown the tendancy to get out of line.

Garland

Paradise Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Garland is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Garland calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Garland calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.33 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Garland raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Garland ???.

Garland
Old 12-26-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: 15/30 JJ line?

i would 3 bet jacks preflop and i would definitely raise that flop
Old 12-26-2005, 05:56 PM

garland,

i'd still 3-bet this one preflop, especially with the caller.

and why no flop raise?

you played this one oddly, but as it is... i can see a fold on the turn. what are you beating?
Old 12-26-2005, 06:35 PM

Your preflop and flop plays make this a hard one to figure out. Raise preflop and Raise the flop. I think you can fold the turn unless this guy is a complete maniac who with 3bet A10, otherwise you are likely smoked.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Results and thoughts...

I folded.

I certainly thought there was some validity to 3-betting preflop, especially with an in-between caller. However, I wanted to use my position, see the flop, and didn't want to take the lead. The preflop raiser would invariably lead, and I could get away from such flops as AQx or KQx pretty easily as well as get information from the in between caller.

The flop came safe cards, and I felt it necessary to raise the turn once the 3rd heart appeared. I threaten the made flush, but once UTG popped it again, I knew I was toast. My overpair no flush draw was no good. He's not going over me without something like TT, a made flush or at the very least A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Ax.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Garland