Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-21-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: (LC) Plauged by a play I don\'t understand....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your completion/no raise was shouting weakness to him. Hate to say this, but he outplayed you preflop too.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think Hero is actually the SB and not the BB?

I don't have a response for the hand tho. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I'da checked behind a 'spect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so umm... I'm a jackass, I clearly misplayed this post. To OP, you weren't outplayed preflop, but I would've either checked behind and c/f the flop or put him all in preflop.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:16 PM

You should have just moved allin preflop like a normal person. Raising to 1800 is ridiculous with A4o IMO.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your completion/no raise was shouting weakness to him. Hate to say this, but he outplayed you preflop too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a response for the hand tho. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I'da checked behind a 'spect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so umm... I'm a jackass, I clearly misplayed this post. To OP, you weren't outplayed preflop, but I would've either checked behind and c/f the flop or put him all in preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies. I didn't mean to insinuate that you where a jackass. It was a serious question. I thought you where implying that OP had pulled a switcheroo on us and was actually the sb. Again, my apologies.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read post please. You got it backwards. His completion/no raise shouted weakness to ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you thought his actions shouted weakness, why not push? if you think you are ahead, get ur chips in ahead. instead, you waited until you were behind??
Old 12-21-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies. I didn't mean to insinuate that you where a jackass. It was a serious question. I thought you where implying that OP had pulled a switcheroo on us and was actually the sb. Again, my apologies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't sweat it man, I am a jackass, I didn't need this as proof. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I didn't think you were insinuating anything, just pointing out my mistake.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read post please. You got it backwards. His completion/no raise shouted weakness to ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you thought his actions shouted weakness, why not push? if you think you are ahead, get ur chips in ahead. instead, you waited until you were behind??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well heres my thinking....

Ace high is best pre-flop at least 80% (if not more like 95%) of time here in my experience (where I play anyways.)

I figure by raising half his stack I'm sending the message - we're playing for all your chips or for nothing...

Instead I keep getting flat called in this spot...and I'm totally lost as to what the hell they have now...pretty sure I still got the best hand and all...but the flop play becomes an extremely tough spot...

So I definitely see the reasoning behind all-in'ing it pre=flop. If they want to call with a hand I'm ahead of - God bless him. If they trapped me - that happens too sometimes.