Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-20-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Card Player to offer health insurance

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A discount plan is not health insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but it is very worth repeating.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ehealthinsurance.com

i'm paying $150/month for full coverage (20% copay) and basic dental. i could go down to $100/month if i went to a lower plan w/$300 deductible (then 30% copay) and no dental.

<======= non-smoker

[/ QUOTE ]

Pardon me for being a health insurance nit but if it's a percentage it isn't a copay it's a coinsurance. A copay is going to be the same every time, like $10 per doctor visit or $50 for the ER or $250 to insert a penis pump.

A coinsurance is going to be a percentage of the total charge (or more accurately the reduced rate negotiated by the insurnace company). The insurance company pays 80%, you pay 20% or something like that. And, of course, this is after the deductible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I"m seriously thinking about getting this, thanks for the information (My health insurance just expired December 5th when I turned 25). Here's my only question. I'm looking at a plan that says it has a $2,500 deductible, and then co-insurance of 50% after deductible. However, then it also says it has an "Out of Pocket Limit" of $2,500. This seems to contradict the co-insurance part. Obviously, I wouldnt' want to be liable for 50 percent of a 100k bill. I only need Health insurance for catastrophic illness, otherwise I get doctors visits through my law schools health center. Input would be appreciated.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:42 AM

If someone could PM me some more information on a good plan or JUST TELL me a good plan to get that would be great. I have to start paying for my own health care Jan 1st.

I don't know much about it so any help would be wonderful
Old 12-20-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone could PM me some more information on a good plan or JUST TELL me a good plan to get that would be great. I have to start paying for my own health care Jan 1st.

I don't know much about it so any help would be wonderful

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I just wish I understood a lot of these terms that seem contradictory. Such as a limit on out of pocket expenses that contradicts the "coinsurance." I need to get med insurance ASAP.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:53 AM

Yeah, I need new med insurance too. Probably just catastrophic, but I do get enough stupid reasons to go to the doctor, that something else more normal wouldn't be an awful idea.

I've had Kaiser my whole life, so I'm sure anything is an improvement in quality.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:54 AM

I just got assurant for 94 a month. 1,000 deducatable, with dental and vision discount card.

I am healthy and 22, so I dont need much. This suits me fine, and it was easy to get. I suggest you check it out.

Jon
Old 12-20-2005, 03:31 AM

Another thing to realize is that health insurance is a deductable business expense, so it is really costing me X - .32X - .024X, or something around 75% of it's actual cost. Makes things seem more reasonable that way.

I'm not entirely sure if health expenses are deductable or just the insurance premiums... if that is the case, then a higher premium plan may be a better deal. Will have to do more research.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:29 AM

WARNING:

A DISCOUNT PLAN IS NOT HEALTH INSURANCE.

But if you want one of those silly little cards, there are thousands of scam artists across the country selling them.