Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: AA line I\'ve never taken before...

Sometimes, the best way to look at a hand is if you were in the "callers" spot.

In this spot, if I think I am being given an opportunity to make the other guy laydown when I have 10's, J's, 9's, A10s, AJs, er whatever, I will bet this flop when checked to by the PF re-raiser.

BUT!!!..if I flop a set here, I will check behind wanting him to fire on the turn!! In this case with Garland, it reminds me of many times a tightass has made a wacky call preflop. If I'm garland here and check this flop, I will call the flop bet and fire on any turn card! This now puts the tight-boy to task. If he flops a set, oh well I lose my chips...I've lost my chips before. But if ha also has top two which is also a likely possibility, I still have counterfeit outs to win...so it's a semi-bluff. And if he has AK, I may just get all his chips. yet if he has AQ he'll likely fold and I'll still get a decent pot and not leave him a chance to check behind and get a free river card that could crush me.