Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-10-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Where is firepay located?

My accountant told me that I have to disclose all foreign accounts so I need to know where firepay's corporate headquarters are located. I've been to their site and tried getting an answer from their excellent customer service department, but have not had any luck.

I'm hoping one of you guys can help me out on this.

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Where is firepay located?

[ QUOTE ]
My accountant told me that I have to disclose all foreign accounts so I need to know where firepay's corporate headquarters are located. I've been to their site and tried getting an answer from their excellent customer service department, but have not had any luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firepay is a product of FireOneGroup plc.

FireOne Group plc is based in Dublin and incorporated in the Republic of Ireland. It trades on the London stock exchange.

Optimal Group Inc. (which trades on the Nasdaq) owns 80% of FireOneGroup.

FWIW, you need to disclose all foreign assets, if your combined balance at any time during the year exceeds $10,000.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:49 AM

for some reason i believe they are in canada. but im not sure what my reason is, so youre better off using sniper's info.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for some reason i believe they are in canada. but im not sure what my reason is, so youre better off using sniper's info.

[/ QUOTE ]

FireOne Group plc has another subsidiary in Canada...

FireOne Group plc was incorporated on 12 April 2005. In addition, two wholly-owned subsidiaries, FPA Processing Services Inc. ("FPA Canada") and FirePay Ltd., were incorporated in April 2005.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:18 AM

yea, somewhere in canada. that's where i had to mail a money order after they screwed things up with my account.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, you need to disclose all foreign assets, if your combined balance at any time during the year exceeds $10,000.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not foreign assets, it's foreign financial accounts.

The IRS publication on this topic gives a definition and examples of financial accounts. In some cases reasonable people might disagree on whether a particular asset is a financial account, but clearly many foreign assets are not financial accounts.

However, FirePay is definitely located outside the U.S. and IMO is obviously a financial account based on the I.R.S. definition.

Standard disclaimer IANAL.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not foreign assets, it's foreign financial accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I meant, but thanks for the clarification.

Here's the exact wording from form TD F 90-22.1 ( Link to form )...

Who Must File this Report Each Unites States person, who has a financial interest in or signature authority, or other authority over any financial accounts, including bank, securities, or other types of financial accounts in a foreign country, if the aggregate value of these financial accounts exceeds $10,000 at any time during the calendar year, must report that relationship each calendar year by filing TD F 90-22.1 with the Department of the Treasury on or before June 30, of the succeeding year.