Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

View Poll Results: ARE WE ALLOWED TO SAY 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER'?
YOU MORAN, ARE YOU TRYING TO OUTLAW 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER' FROM OOT??? 6 30.00%
NO 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER' IS GROSS 2 10.00%
YES 'STICK IT IN HER POOPER' IS A LEGITIMATE POLITICAL EXPRESSION 12 60.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: How\'s your SSNL?: HR101 AKo

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the exact same way Hero did. I like the "block" bet. You are getting 2.5-1 on the river call. (needing to be good only 29% of the time for the call to be +EV) I think you will be shown down KQo and KTo enough times for this to be a call on the river, especially at the $100 games. I think you guys are seeing monsters under the bed, but in a real game sitaution would have insta-called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain (a 2+2er) is calling w/ KTo preflop, and he's checking the turn with top two pair?? Also, KQ and KT never raise this river, because no better hand folds, and no worst hands can call. I think villain has the mortal nuts QJ or 8 high.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:24 AM

good place for a stop-n-go with AK

EDIT: meaning, lead turn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dislike Hero not leading the turn. Lead for 2/3 of the pot and fold to a raise.

EDIT: Oh, and I put villain on QJ, maybe hearts maybe not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. By checking the turn, Hero relinquishes control of the hand for no particular reason.

I'll go w/ AT. It's strong enough to call one early raise pre-flop.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:28 AM

qj or at, set or K definitely bets the turn. If we assume villain is a decent 2+2er, i don't think we ever see busted hearts here. AK is easily in your hand range and I don't expect to ever blow off ssnl villains with a push.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:38 AM

Looks like he wants a cheap draw with such a garbage flop raise, it's barely bigger than a min-raise. A set continues here 95% of the time after raising the flop as does any other reasonable hand. I think he has hearts or QJ.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:47 AM

Villain made his straight, or has a busted draw...its pretty impossible to tell which
Old 12-10-2005, 08:58 AM

flop is fine

lead the turn

check call river - when he checks the turn he has a draw a really high% of the time an there arent many worse hands he's going to pay off with on river.

QJ is his most likely hand. i dont think you'll see busted hearts enough to call the river push.

paul
Old 12-10-2005, 02:33 PM

If he is good player as we assume, his line of raise big on flop and check turn indicates he is on a draw. Now on river, str4 just completes and flush misses there is less chance he has worst 2 pair like AT. Is he capable of reraise bluff straight with busted flush draw?

If you put him on a draw I check river because I want to give him a chance to bluff/lose less if he actually has the straight. And you are not likely geting value bet from his draw.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he is good player as we assume, his line of raise big on flop and check turn indicates he is on a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a good player can check behind here as well and assume our Hero does not have a heart draw. I like a set checking here, it throws the opponent off and disguises the hand as they'd expect a set to bet the turn.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he is good player as we assume, his line of raise big on flop and check turn indicates he is on a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a good player can check behind here as well and assume our Hero does not have a heart draw. I like a set checking here, it throws the opponent off and disguises the hand as they'd expect a set to bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely but imo not optimal since both straigt and flush could deter hero putting more money in w AK. I think betting turn is a better choice for set because he is not likely getting more money unless hero has AA or AK and there are way too many scare cards. Against weak competition at 100 level, set vs AK is for full stack here.
Again, this might gets subtle at higher limits. You probably have more exp than I do.

I have significant positive winrate for 200-1000Nl but TINY sample size. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]