Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-09-2005, 03:56 PM

Default C-Betting Question

This is just a generalized question on when to c-bet. Assume you have a 100BB stack with a normal table (no, I do not have PT, so I rarely have any reads beside the [censored] party notes I make).

You hold AQo in MP. You raise 4xBB and there are 3 callers. 4 to flop.

Flop comes 10 4 8 with no draws. How often do you c-bet here, if ever? This is assuming no reads, 50-100BB stacks.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: C-Betting Question

If I have position on everyone, I'll often (not always) CB here. If everyone has positon on me, I usually won't. The lack of reads is a problem. When I CB, I'm rooting for all folds.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I have position on everyone, I'll often (not always) CB here. If everyone has positon on me, I usually won't. The lack of reads is a problem. When I CB, I'm rooting for all folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the problems I have in full ring games I think. In MP, with others behind me, I think this is a c/f. Does anyone disagree?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:02 PM

With 4 to that flop? about 1/4 of the time because it's highly likely that someone caught a piece of it. but if I'm called and don't improve on the turn, time to shut down.

Personally, the amount of time I c-bet is proportional to the number of people in the hand. 2 to the flop ~1/2 time, 3 to the flop, 1/3, etc. Of course it also depends on whether the flop likely improved another hand.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:04 PM

Depends on who the callers are and the position they have or lack on you. Also, I probably am not firing a CB here without some sort of read.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:04 PM

I think flop texture really depends. For instance, I would probobly bet the above hand if say, a K fell instead of the 10. Is this a losing play?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:06 PM

Like Grunch said, for me position is key here. I, like you have no PT but play on a smaller site than party, so my opponents are very often familiar. Because of this the metagame overtones are what determines this for me. Your gonna pair up here what, like 1 in 3.5 or so, and with proper aggression and position it is a +EV play.

Cambraceres
Old 12-09-2005, 04:07 PM

Against three opponents, I C-bet rarely, unless they are all tight.

Id say I C-bet in that situation around 20% of the time.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:10 PM

With a K falling instead of a ten then this starts to resemble poker and many other factors pop up. I have to see specific stack sizes in relation to position and all the other good stuff we know and love.

Cambraceres

Cambraceres
Old 12-09-2005, 04:17 PM

10 high, 4 callers, I'll pass here. Give me a K (or Q if I have AK) and I will fire one out 70% of the time. Two or fewer callers this approaches 100% unless they are calling stations. You only to fire one out in your scenario if it has a chance to get you some respect or get you a free card.