Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Coldcalling with QQ

OK- we all had fun laughing at my QQ hand the other day (untill some mod locked it)- i need to put those up every once in a while to keep the weaktighness that is the bane of my existance at bay.

On the other hand i would like a brief discussion of the preflop call (the flop play wasa terrible and inexcuseable- especially given that i didn't define my hand at all preflop). I would like to propose (most playing DA) that it would be more profitable against thinking tags to just cdall and disguise my hand preflop- for those who didn't see it and laugh quick rundown

31/22 guy open riases utg, 22/14 guy three bets in c/o, i call in the sb.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Coldcalling with QQ

I'd rather just get an extra BB in now or knock out UTG. HU you can make up some reasons for this sort of tomfoolery, but never multiway.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:15 AM

gotta try to knock out UTG
Old 12-08-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gotta try to knock out UTG

[/ QUOTE ]

utg aint folding. i dont know what planet you play poker on. it may sound nice and all, and it may be the correct play for him but it aint happening. maybe if he was 20/17 or so but there are no 30/20s who fold this. (well, maybe a few of the real good 2ers can fold here but those guys arent playing 10/20 anymore.)

gotta 3bet for value is the correct answer.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:56 AM

must cap or 3-bet with QQ always. your raise is for value. you also want to raise because if you only call you are giving UTG the odds to call just about any reasonable holding. leave the tricky play for your home game, solid, aggressive is win.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... never multiway ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to use the word never in poker, but here I have to agree that capping looks much better. You'd like to get it heads up w/ the 3-bettor and increase the chances that you win should an overcard flop. If UTG calls 2, then that's more value for you.

-eric