Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: my HU challenge

I pmd ya, but I'll respond here as well.

I know for a fact that I am perfectly capable of horribly misplaying a hand HU. I just got done doing it several times vs Jaxup. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lets get it on.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:21 AM

Hand 1:

PokerStars Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t10 (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (jaxup)/ (t1545)
guru (t1455)

Preflop: guru is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button</font>, Button(jaxup) raises</font>, guru calls.

Flop: (4 SB, t40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">guru bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">jaxup raises</font>, guru calls.

Turn: (4 BB, t80) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">guru bets</font>, jaxup calls.

River: (6 BB, t120) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8 BB (t160)

Don't bet this river. I've shown that I am willing to call you down when I call the turn. If I was going to fold I do it there.

Hand 2:

PokerStars Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t10 (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (jaxup)/ (t1615)
guru (t1385)

Preflop: guru is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button(jaxup) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">guru 3-bets</font>, Button (jaxup)/ calls.

Flop: (6 SB, t60) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
guru checks, jaxup checks.

Turn: (3 BB, t60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5 BB, t100) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7 BB (t140)

Same deal.

Hand 3:

Button (jaxup)/ (t1600)
guru (t1400)

Preflop: guru is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button (jaxup) raises</font>, guru calls.

Flop: (4 SB, t40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
guru checks, <font color="#CC3333">jaxup bets</font>, guru calls.

Turn: (3 BB, t60) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5 BB, t100) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7 BB (t140)

Hand 4:

PokerStars Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t20 (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB (jaxup)/ (t1375)
guru (t1625)

Preflop: guru is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">guru raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB (jaxup) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">guru caps</font>, BB :#A500AF(jaxup)/ calls.

Flop: (8 SB, t160) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">jaxup bets</font>, guru calls.

Turn: (5 BB, t200) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
jaxup checks, guru checks.

River: (5 BB, t200) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">jaxup bets</font>, guru folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB (t240)

capping here stinks IMO

Hand 5:

PokerStars Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t20 (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB (jaxup)/ (t1705)
guru (t1295)

Preflop: guru is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">guru raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB (jaxup) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">guru caps</font>, BB :#A500AF(jaxup)/ calls.

Flop: (8 SB, t160) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">jaxup bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">guru raises</font>, jaxup calls.

Turn: (6 BB, t240) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">jaxup bets</font>, guru folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB (t280)

same thing, 3 hands later

K, these were seriouslt the only 5 hands where you made large errors IMO, and the PF errors aren't even so bad. I went through every single hand, and this is all I got. GG.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:38 AM

jax: that was a really good game, and I don't think I would have played it as well vs lesser competition. gg.

hands 1 and 2 I totally agree with. I wasn't paying enough attention to this little detail, and it cost me in those two spots.

hand 3: I felt if I was going to call this raise pf then i was going to showdown. Probably a bad choice, but given that I did call, I think this is the only way to play it. Obviously the best thing is to fold pf. (especially after taking a look at your postgame stats. You only raised the top 20% of your hands, while I raise 60% - mostly in position. vs you in the future this is an easy fold pf)

hands 4 and 5: I like my cap better in hand 4 than 5, but I don't hate either one. Here are my thoughts:

I understand your sentiment that these hands cant have enough value against your threebetting range to justify capping. I also agree with this.

-however-

I have position here. If I only cap hands for value pf, then I become very predictable, and I might as well turn my cards up on the table. I'll occasionally want to cap a hand that I may need a free card with later on, like a big suited card or a big card that I want to pair up. It also gain some fold equity if a good bluffing opportunity presents itself, since you showed more of a willingness to fold after a pf cap than a pf call when you threebet.

Also, you werent threebetting my raises much at all, so I assumed that you were only doing it with hands that could beat my raising range. IOW you were ONLY threebetting oop for value.

My pf caps both got me to the expensive streets, and simultaneously made the fold that much easier.

specifically in hand 4 - If I just call the threebet, then you have to lead the flop and the turn, since the turn changed nothing.

BTW, hand 5 was one of your best hands IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 11:05 AM

allright ya soft-bellied baggy-eyed triptophanophers. I'm amped up and ready for a match at any point today.

Your mama dresses you funny and your dog couldn't hunt down a duck at the petting zoo.

Bring it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 02:14 PM

I almost got a match happening yesterday.

anytime after three central today ladies.

you know you wanna. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]