Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 11:14 AM

Default My PokerAce setup

I've been using PA for a while now and have been pleased with the default layout. However one day I got bored and started trying out different things and this is what I've come up with thus far.

It's still unfinished but I'd like to get some feedback before I move on.

1) What kind of stats do you feel are important for NL cashgames? At the moment I've VP$IP, WTS%, Total hands, PFR%, Fold to Flop Bet, Fold to Turn Bet and Aggression Frequency for each street displayed. Do you think these are useful? AI3High suggested "Fold to x bet" might be useful when deciding wether to fire another barrell after the flop or not.

2) I need to come up with color ranges for each variable. Atm I'm using 0-30, 30-50 and 50-100 for Aggression Frequency, does this sound reasonable? Also it'd be nice if anyone came up with something for the "Fold to x bet" stat because I've never ever used that one before.

Is it visually appealing? Anything missing? Share your thoughts please, and if someone has already gone through this process I'd love to see screenshots of your setups. Also if anyone wants to use mine I can share the layout file after I'm finished with the work.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: My PokerAce setup

I am currently viewing the stats on continuation bets, also I like % goes to showdown and %WSD to confirm calling stations. The important thing is to not overuse any stat, but use the stats that are most helpful to you.

Be careful, because you really need more than 50-100 to get a handle on many players (though fish and LAGs do seem to jump out much more quickly). I find individual player notes are more helpful when I am considering marginal situations.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: My PokerAce setup

[ QUOTE ]
I find individual player notes are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more helpful when I am considering marginal situations.

[/ QUOTE ]