Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-02-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Probably boring and standard hand

balancing mostly. i am raising the flop and turn both with a lot less than TPTK here enough that i need to have it some of the time.

but like i said against a very agg player of bluffy magee calling down is often an optimal line.

also becomes more attractive without reads. with the added bonus of finding out exactly what he raised UTG with, and fired 1/2 pot sized bets on each street OOP, which can be vital information.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
consider reraising pre.
the rest looks good... only thing i can do different post is possibly fold the river... possibly.... calling there is, however, pretty standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding the river: The fact that he didn't just shove and kept like 200 instead made it look an awful lot like a value bet to me. Possibly sorta thin like AA/AK. Is this generally correct thinking? It seems like if he was bluffing the whole way or had less than AK he would either give up on the river or shove on the river, and if he had a monster I thought he would also shove on the river. The hand I was most worried about was definately AA.

[/ QUOTE ]
everything you said is good... i am v concerned about AA here.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also becomes more attractive without reads. with the added bonus of finding out exactly what he raised UTG with, and fired 1/2 pot sized bets on each street OOP, which can be vital information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definately factored this in. He ended up showing A8o and from there on out I had him pegged as LAG and got to resteal alot against him.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I definately factored this in. He ended up showing A8o and from there on out I had him pegged as LAG and got to resteal alot against him.

[/ QUOTE ]
when you say LAG, you mean RETARDED.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:29 PM

i didnt notice the stack sizes, but with him short, im putting his last $200 here on the river.