Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Give me trips and I\'ll burn lotsa chips, Stud 8.

And no the entire hand won't be rhymed.

Seat 6 is mega donator of the game, he probably isn't full on 5th. I don't know much about the other two.

Should I have let this one go at one point or chill out? The lead on sixth was a misclick which cost me. What about fifth? Check call?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (2.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (6.00 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (5.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises

6th Street - (17.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls___calls

River - (33.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls (all-in)
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___raises
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds

Total pot: (37.76 BB)
Old 11-01-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Give me trips and I\'ll burn lotsa chips, Stud 8.

Fold third. Your kings, though very live, won't do well in a pot that is almost sure to be 4-way. If they have an edge, it's a small one.

Don't see anything wrong with the rest.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:02 PM

An aspect I didn't even consider for some reason, thanks a lot.

I definitly need to read Zee again, I'm getting laggy and over confident.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:10 PM

I wouldn't have considered folding third either. Perhaps you can elaborate?

I don't see anywhere you can fold before the river here either. Yes your opponents know you have 3 kings and don't care, but you have too many outs to kings full/quads to fold before the end.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:34 PM

Limp on third. Raising really only has the potential to drive one player out, and he may be folding anyway. If the bring-in will fold to your raise, presumably, he will also fold if you bet on fourth street.

Fourth and fifth are fine. On sixth, you might want to check, but the money is going in anyway. I would grit my teeth and call on the river. The pot is enormous at this point. Assuming that the guy with the hearts is a typical micro-limit player, he could easily have a low hand. It is overwhelmingly likely that he has a flush, of course, but you're getting a zillion-to-one here. You only need about a 5% chance of being good to make it worth calling two bets (about 10% if you'll have to call four). I would guess that your chance of being good approaches 20%, so I think you have to call.