Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Why is this so wrong?

[ QUOTE ]
after the cold reception i received from other Stud poster i'm a little phased.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe we're not as nice as your usual hangout. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 04:11 PM

Beer -

I assumed he was calling medium pairs with overcard kickers, which is what Adams' recommends. Again, I think 7CSFAP is largely inapplicable in lower limit games. For example, this business of reraising with a medium pair to thin the field is very risky in games where people DON'T complete light.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

grb, if he's only playing pairs of the large fashion, he's missing out on a lot, hence my recommendation to read 7CSFAP. Which recommends other pairs with good kickers.

If OP is playing low limits, failing to limp in with small pairs will cost him money as his fishy oppontents will often give free cards and call paired door cards.

To OP, i was one of the posters who was shocked at your original post which involved you saying something to the effect of "stud is easy, I kicked ass in my first time at the table..", not so much your advice on starting requirements. You very easily could have played solid poker your first time down, and lost a buy in. That's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am playing medium pairs with large kickers if the price is cheap. Once again I am not playing that simplified a version of 7stud, I am following recommendations made by Adam's, and that includes playing a medium pair with high kicker, etc. etc.

To the guy knocking me about my "usual hangout" I took a break from poker from March-Present, now I'm back and will frequent the Stud/HE boards again.

I plan on reading 7CSFAP after building a bankroll and building experience, the "AP" portion is not necessarily for BEGINNING stud players. I certainly want to expand my knowledge, but don't want to confuse myself by trying to read too many books at once. I will master the concepts from Adam's book and will expand my 7Stud knowledge. anyway point across, let's keep on truckin!

*edit* [ QUOTE ]
To OP, i was one of the posters who was shocked at your original post which involved you saying something to the effect of "stud is easy, I kicked ass in my first time at the table..",

[/ QUOTE ]

i did slap around the competition at my first 7stud sitting and continue to enjoy success. 7stud makes a lot of sense to me and it probably helps I have a fair amount of experience playing HE, NLHE, NL Tourneys, etc. Also played the good ole MTG card game =P
Old 10-22-2005, 03:09 AM

My only comment is play the way you suggest and simplified and then let me know how large your deposits are into your piggy bank each month. Winning at poker consistantly is difficult regardless of the game. Like you said, if it were so easy everyone would be millionaires.