Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Party had no choice

[ QUOTE ]
They left for rakeback and they will return with rakeback, as it is readily available to anyone that looks. Maybe not as high as they were getting, but fairly close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allright, I'll be the first to confess my ignorance on the matter. I am under the strong impression that those of us who signed up with party about 3 years ago before the knowledge of unmentionable were pretty much blocked out from ever receiving it on there, they were quite strict about making new accounts and making new accounts under different names seems risky.

What am I missing here? How is it available? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to discuss it here.

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:32 AM

Sure, once they killed rakeback on Party proper and left it on skins, this sort of thing was inevitable. However, there was zero logic behind that decision. If they'd just left Party rakeback alone, everyone would be a lot happier, including them.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they'd just left Party rakeback alone, everyone would be a lot happier, including them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they are crying all the way to the bank.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, there was zero logic behind that decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think (but not sure by any means) that it had alot to do with the IPO. Bean counters that dont understand how the system worked probably thought it lead to more problems than it was worth.

Tuco.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:15 AM

Does Party Poker really want multitabling sharks gobbling their "fish" that much? Isn't the next step cutting down the amount of rakeback/affiliate rate to reduce the number of sharks? Since Party just cut out all the skins aren't you affiliates next on the chopping block? After all, you bring in sharks not fish and it looks like Party is trying to cut down the benefits given to sharks since they go where the fish are anyway. Being cynical I have to believe Party will try to recruit all the fish it can with advertising and raise the rake and pay the high limit volume players with somesort of direct rakeback with the extra income from the rake cap hike.

Review of events:
1. Party Poker attempts to suppress rakeback at their site.(We don't need large volume sharks, hurts affiliates since they lose clients)
2. Party basically removes itself from the Party network. (We don't need the large volume sharks that moved to the skins to get rakeback)

It looks to me like the next step is
3. Forces the large volume sharks to pay above market rake for access to their "fish". (The high volume shark needs Party a lot more than Party needs you.)
Old 10-09-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dye was cast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stopped reading here.

[/ QUOTE ]

TUCO knows what the heck is going on from the inside if you dont read his posts on this topic you are missing out on valuable information.

The more I think about what Party has done here the more I like it for Party's stock ..sure short term players totals will be down but if they can build those numbers back up slowly and and just maintain solid growth this will be amazing feat. They have engineered this thing brilliantly and in the meantime they have cleansed the system of bogus accounting gimmicks-which anyone that had a clue knew they had to clean out at some point.

This stock in the short-term is going to move much higher unless they come out with another earnings warnings which had been rumored late last week.

Watch PRTY.L and EOL.L monday morning will be interesting to see the markets reaction!

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, their "growth" will increase. Now, if they add 4,000 players it will be 10% growth, not 5%. All the analysts will jiz and Party's stock goes back up.