Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-07-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Request for Separate Moderation Forum

In a thread that he locked, MMMMMM said this:

[ QUOTE ]
Discussions of forum moderation have been too numerous, and too disruptive, consuming, and unproductive; and overall appear to have created more problems than they have solved.

The moderation of this forum has been more than adequately discussed on the forum already. There will always be some few who remain dissatisfied; that is unavoidable. I have neither the time nor the inclination to perpetually defend my moderating against the continually expressed dissatisfactions of a vocal few. Any further comments or questions please take to PM. This forum is about Politics; it is not about moderation and M.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the solution is to create a separate moderation forum and create a sticky thread for each of the moderators where they can be flamed.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Request for Separate Moderation Forum

[ QUOTE ]
I think the solution is to create a separate moderation forum and create a sticky thread for each of the moderators where they can be flamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think having a forum specifically for the purpose of flaming is inherently counterproductive to the purposes of moderating these forums.

If anyone has a problem with any of my moderation decisions, I encourage those people to take up the issue with me directly in PM. If I persist in making percieved bad decisions, I would have no problem with anyone taking the issue up with Mat (after trying to resolve the issue with me directly first of course).

If a moderator is causing problems for multiple people and is in general disliked, eventually Mat will realize how many problems that moderator is causing and will step in to rectify the issue. Until then, however, most disagreements along these lines are either trolling or can amicably be resolved through PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:43 AM

But a PM doesn't allow for the fact that many posters might share another's views and have an interest in seeing certain moderating decisions discussed. Plus this would put all such discussions in one out of the way place so that such gripes don't hijack other threads. Note that an alternate way is a sticky "Flame the Moderator" thread in each separate forum. When it gets so long, just lock it and roll it down and start a new sticky.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:48 AM

Why did yo post this in OOT? This belongs in the Politics forum, where every regular poster has had ample oportunity to read the various threads that go on endlessly about the moderation of the forum. There is no lack of discussion about this stuff.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:58 AM

I know you are being facetious, but for those who think not, the fact that MMMMMM locked a thread to prevent further such discussions shows the need for a specific place for it.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:18 AM

Anyone who wishes to discuss moderation is free to do so with me. Privately. You can even call me at the office: 702-547-1324.

As far as Mason is concerned, I am the only moderator on this site. Every moderator on these boards was approved by me, and as far as I can tell, they are doing a great job.

The original moderator threads were useful in helping me decide how things should be controlled on these boards, but there is no reason to have another bout of moderation threads.

If anyone has a real concern about the moderation here, feel free to contact me through pm, email or telephone.