Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Paris Poker Room Opening Night

I went to the Paris poker room opening night (Friday). They had No-Limit and low-limit. I played No-Limit here.

I went to the Hilton poker room on opening night (Friday). They had No-Limit and low-limit. I played 3-6 here (which soon turned into a 4-8 with a half kill).

I enjoyed my visits to both rooms (as well as my 6 hours in the Mirage 10-20 on Friday night).

Both new rooms had Speedy cocktail service.

Hilton has the on-screen waiting list monitors (a big plus).

Hilton has some sort of royal flush progressive jackpot they take a buck for and a $3 max rake.

Hilton has a swipe card for $1 an hour back in comps.

I like the location of the sub shop directly next to the Hilton poker room.

Both new rooms had a very nice flow of happy tourists.

The only negative I experienced that night was at Paris, when the dealer pushed me an $800 pot. I tipped him a buck and not only did he not say "thank you"; He actually glared at me with apparent disgust. The pot I had before that (different dealer), I tossed the dealer $2, so it's not like I'm a stiff.

I'll check both rooms out again later in the week.

Best of Luck

Howard
Old 09-04-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: PARIS IS A HARRAH\'S JOINT

Paris breakfast buffet is about the best I have ever had anywhere, including bellagio, mirage, mandalay. I love the freshly made cherry crepes. They have some hella pastries too, and the coffee is fabulous.

As for harrah's killing gambling, the answer is easy: if you don't want to play there, go somewhere else, but don't hijack a good poker room thread with corporate hate mail. Their gambling is on par with everyone else's on the strip, so what's the difference.

al
Old 09-04-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: PARIS IS A HARRAH\'S JOINT

Hey, how much does this legendary Paris buffet cost? And (probably more importantly) is it hard to get a poker room comp for it? How late does it go?
Old 09-04-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Paris Buffet hours

From Paris buffet page:

[ QUOTE ]

Hours of Operation:
Breakfast - Daily from 7:00a.m. to 11:30a.m.
Lunch - Monday through Saturday from 11:30a.m. to 5:30p.m.
Dinner - Monday through Thursday from 5:30p.m. to 10:00p.m.; Friday and Saturday from 5:30p.m. to 11:00p.m. and Sunday from 4:30p.m. to 10:00p.m.

Sunday Champagne Brunch from 11:30a.m. to 4:30p.m., and includes unlimited champagne.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have done breakfast there twice. The first time (a Saturday) we ate so much we were fueled for the next 10 hours of poker at Bally's and Imperial Palace.

The second time (a Sunday) I was hungover enough to enjoy only one glass of champagne.

Food there is pretty good. I preferred the pure breakfast over the Sunday brunch. It was cheaper for one, and for second there were omelettes and fresh grilled sausage on order (the chicken and apple sausage and andouille sausage were both excellent). Also, I was not hungover, so take this for what it's worth.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Paris Buffet hours

Paris breakfast buffet is by far the best. I think it's around $13.99 before 11, then goes up a couple bucks for lunch. We always hit it around 10:30, eat breakfast and hang around for the Killer Kabobs, and huge ass peeled shrimp that they bring out for lunch. Best buffet on the strip bar none.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Paris Buffet hours

Paris and bally's don't comp for poker. I believe they do this specifically to keep it mostly tourists and not locals. Despite the lack of comps, bally's often has mega action games (mostly due to the lack of local rocks), and paris probably will too. Screw the comps tho, the paris buffet is worth the price anyway. I also prefer the pure breakfast buffet over lunch, but it's all good.

al
Old 09-05-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Paris Poker Room Opening Night.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] still there ; huh

nice to hear from one of the old guard...

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Paris Poker Room Opening Night

[ QUOTE ]
tipped him a buck and not only did he not say "thank you"; He actually glared at me with apparent disgust.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Howard:

The next time that dealer does that, make sure to ask for change.

best wishes,
Mason