Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-28-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: SSNL Session analysis, first try

A few more things about specific hands:

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 28: What hands did they have? You should be learning a lot here, UTG leads for half pot on a rag flop after raising preflop. They then bet the same amount on every street. This is usually a (betting pattern) tell of some sort, you should use this opportunity to find out what. CO cold calls on ever street then min-raises the river. Again, it'll be great to know what kind of hand they do this with.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG had AT for TPTK and CO made a runner-runner straight with A3o. Really weird hand and I took notice of it.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 97: This is exactly the kind of hand where session data would be good, but like I said in my other post I found this hard to gather. Your play postflop isn't bad here, but there was probably a more proftiable line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt like that a big raise would seem like an obvious steal so chances are I would get called by medium pp's and other mediocore hands and I didn't want to fire another barrell on the turn. That being said I kinda hate the way I played it overall.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 93: Limped A9o UTG. I don't like limping weak aces UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

This something I know to be wrong and yet I still do it. Gotta get rid of it.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 115: >200bb effective stacks, you fold AJo to a utg raiser. This probably isn't optimal, but it probably keeps you out of tough spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something I found very interesting. I have always tried to follow the gap concept and AJo in this situation has always been an instamuck. How does his stack size affect my play here? I've always thought AJ as a hand that I get very uncomformatable with if the play continues beyond the flop.

Everything else you and AllIn3High pointed out seem like stuff I mostly do correct but sometimes my mind slips.

Big thanks for all the responses this far.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: SSNL Session analysis, first try

[ QUOTE ]

- - - - - HAND 47 - - - -

Hero ($76.80)
UTG ($14.45)
MP ($28.69)
CO ($34.65)
Button ($38.50)
SB ($70.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J.
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, Button calls $0.50, 1 folds, Hero raises to

$2.00, 1 folds, Button calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.75) J, J, K (2 players)
Hero bets $3.00, Button folds.

Final Pot: $8.75.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is pretty bad here. I don't much like raising with AJo from the blind, but I guess it's not too horrible. Raise size is tho. I'd make it $4. Playing out of position is tricky, especially with this kind of hand. Make them pay.