Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Trip Aces Hmmm...

I was wondering if I played this alright? The villian had a huge stack and was calling people down with very weak hands. He wasn't showing that much preflop aggression though.

$25 NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, July 31, 00:30:25 EDT 2005
Table Table 37398 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 3: Villian( $170.39 )
Seat 6: ( $26.30 )
Seat 10: ( $31.65 )
Seat 4: HERO( $37.45 )
Seat 5: ( $19 )
Seat 9: ( $25 )
Seat 7: ( $22.90 )
Seat 2: ( $0 )
Seat 1: ( $32.70 )
Seat 8: ( $9.35 )

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO[ Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Player folds.

Player folds.
Player calls [$0.25].
Player calls [$0.25].
VILLIAN raises [$2].
HERO calls [$2].
neil_frog folds.
hummuna folds.
PLAYER folds.
PLAYER calls [$1.75].
DRAFTPICK folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
PLAYER checks.
VILLIAN bets [$2].
HERO raises [$6].
PLAYER folds.
VILLIAN calls [$4].
** Dealing Turn ** [ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
VILLIAN checks.
HERO bets [$10].
VILLIAN calls [$10].
** Dealing River ** [ 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
VILLIAN bets [$5].
HERO calls [$5].
POT $46.20
Old 07-31-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Trip Aces Hmmm...

You have to reraise the river. I mean you play AQ i don't know what kind of community you're waiting to get all your chips in when you have AQ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Were you lookin for quad aces or something?

The only thing you could be worried about is AK. But you can't think about it now that you've decided to play the hand

At the 25$ NL I sometimes fold to a big opponents raise preflop with AQ because 8 big blinds cries a big hand and many times AK. If he wasn't showing much preflop agression I might've mucked for 8x bb

my guess is you made this post because he either showed you Ak or something you know you could've doubled up on and I'm fairly certain it's something you could've doubled up on
Old 07-31-2005, 01:13 AM

hmmmmm..... im not really sure what u r looking for?? i think this is pretty standard. i like the flop raise. im kinda questionable on the turn if i bet or take the free river and get to a cheaper showdown, but i guess this is 25nl and u get value out of AJ and worse. u have to call on the river. the idea to raise the river is insane, the only hand that calls a river raise smashes u and given the action and the villain waking up on the river i think u r smashed already. still debating the turn but i think i vote check it through and keep the pot smaller, this way u can pick off some river bluffs. maybe im over thinking this.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:22 AM

Hmm now that you say it maybe just call the river. Again I hate when they raise big in 25$NL and I find marginal holdings. You cold easily be looking at AK here. It looks like a blocking bet by a pocket pair maybe or he might have the AK but you'd go insane if he flipped up AJ