Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Blind stealing

When stealing blinds, there are too techniques, the normal raise (3x-4x the bb) and the push.

How do i know when to use these two moves?

At what BB:Stack ratio should i stop raising and begin pushing. How does my opponents stack affect my decision?

And i really am not looking for answers like if ur stack is <10BB. I know that stuff, I'm looking for answers just to do with blind stealing.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Blind stealing

if when you steal and they push and you arent folding, just push yourself. say they have 1000 on blinds are 100/200 you arent raising to 600 then folding for 400 so just push.

same thing if you had the 1k stack.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Blind stealing

There's no magic ratio of BB to effectively steal. Depends on the table. Typically 2.5-3.5 is enough middle to late stages. Stealing blinds in early stages isn't worth it.

Generally, you don't want to push if you have more than 10BB. However, on the right table pushing 11BB-13BB is fine around the bubble. I prefer the standard raise, however.

Stack size. Don't try to steal the blinds of dangerously small stacks (3.5BB or less). Be careful of stealing from large aggressive stacks as they are more likely to resteal. Tight weak large stacks should not scare you in the least unless they re-raise (at which point you KNOW you're beat).