Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 07-12-2005, 01:35 AM

Default My ME experience

I drew day 3 and was happy to see noone that I recognized at the table. It was full of players that hadn't played many, if any, live tournaments. A dream table really.

Typical hand would go like this. Three limps to me, I raise and everyone folds. Or, guy bets the flop and I raise and they pass. Or I make a half-pot bet on a flop, get raised 4 times the pot and I fold. It was literally no-risk poker at the start.

Two laydown examples. Blinds 25/50 and I limp in the cutoff with 68 of diamonds after a couple limpers. No raise and the flop comes T68. UTG bets 200, I make it 500 and the BB goes all in! I muck and he shows 79. Next is everyone folds to me and I raise in LP with KTd. Super tight button flat calls. Flop comes T94. I hate it and check and he bets 4 times the pot. I fold and he shows me KK.

Got my way up to about 14k when this hand comes up. 100/200 blinds and im the BB. Guy in early pos (with 12k) raises to 700 and I call with 88. Flop comes Q84 all clubs. I check and he bets 1000. I make it 4000 to go. He insta-pushes. I think for about 2 minutes and call. He has KQh. WTF? Now i've got 25K.

Next hand is this. Guy with 4K makes it 800 in EP. Two guys with about 10k call. They are both weak and i know it by how they've played. I find 8d8h in the cutoff and make it 3200 to go, happy to go against the short stack for a pot with lots of cheese. If any of the others call im done unless i flop a big hand. SB tanks. BB mucks out of turn. Guy not in hand gets mad at SB for "hiding his hand" and they have an exchange of words. SB says raise and throws in a 5k chip. Its not enough for a full raise, so floor comes over and he has to make it 5400. Everyone folds to me and I just call to see the flop. He only has about 6k left but I want to see if the flop has an A before i put in the rest. Flop comes T94 two diamonds and he checks! Hes got to have AK, so I put him in and he calls with the expected slick. Turn comes off a King of diamonds and I jump up and run the other way so I dont get a Fbomb penalty. I dont see the duece of diamonds that comes on the river to give me a flush and bust him.

Then this hand. I have 33K. There is about 3 minutes left before the dinner break. Blinds 100/200. Super weak UTG limps and player to my immediate right (with about 26K) limps. I find 88 (again!) and raise to 1200. Everyone folds to guy to my right who makes it 2200 more. This guy is a total novice and I try to put him on a hand that he would over-limp with. I'm getting some pretty big implied odds to bust him and I call. Flop comes AQ8. Now he checks. Ruh-Roh. Sirens go off. I think and bet about 6k to find out some info or get raised with AK or AQ. He thinks for a while and calls. More sirens. Turn is a blank and he checks. I'm so confused on what to do that I sit there for 10 minutes (so im told) thinking it thorough. Another player at the table calls the clock on me. Floor comes over and says hes never seen the clock called without a bet outstanding. I finally bet his last 14k and he calls and shows me bullets. Sigh.

Down to about 6400. Come back from dinner and double up right away with KK. Then I get AA a couple rounds later and make it 1200 to go. Guy with 15k calls and flop comes T72. I bet the pot and he calls. Turn is a 2. I bet pot again and he calls. River I push and he calls with 77. Oops.

I dunno how I can play the last hand without busting, but that one doesnt bother me as much as the set over set hand. Took me about an hour to calm down and start to cheer on my friends that are left.

Lots of fun and really looking forward to next year already. When do those stars supers start?

Tuco.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: My ME experience

Too bad, bud. We were rooting for ya....any Vancouver lads still left in the hunt?

skp