Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 07-08-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: AQs in SB

"I am utterly supprised you played AQs there."

Yeah, I know, I should tighten up from the blinds. :-)
Old 07-08-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Tommy,

why did u call the flop with no flush or backdoor flush draw, no pair, only one overcard, and when 2 people have shown significant strength preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

With 20:1 pot odds, how often do you have to be convinced that a turned A is no good in order for you to continue?

I do feel that the preflop call was bad, but the flop call was ok.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is safe to assume one of the other 5 players is holding an ace. If this is so, he's trying to spike a 2 outer, which may be no good. So he's more than a 22-1 shot to spike. Then considering he might be drawing dead already (to a set or a better A, or a hand with an ace that already hit its kicker).

We also need to consider the times he spikes and someone with a river redraw hits and he still loses, but now loses even more bets.

I don't think this is a +EV call.

And I'm utterly shocked by the notion that there is a situation where I'm tigher than Tommy.

-Scott
Old 07-08-2005, 11:40 PM

And I'm utterly shocked by the notion that there is a situation where I'm tigher than Tommy.

Hi Sobe,

I am also shocked by this, since you were advocating 3 betting preflop (from MP) with A,Q off vs. an ep raiser and a cold caller. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I couldn't believe that look on your face when I folded that hand yesterday. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

LGPG

Babe [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Sobe,

I am also shocked by this, since you were advocating 3 betting preflop (from MP) with A,Q off vs. an ep raiser and a cold caller. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I couldn't believe that look on your face when I folded that hand yesterday. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

LGPG

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiya Babe!

Great to see u again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] What a great day, seeing you and meeting Tommy and the Meister all within 10 feet of each other.

Yes, I was shocked. I'm 3 betting there against those donks with AQo 100% of the time. Frankly, I think folding there is way too tight.

but tommy's spot is quite diff with a 3bet already out there. I'd call preflop as he did, but check-fold the flop for sure.

-Scott
Old 07-09-2005, 12:29 AM

HI Sobe,

Ya, I think you would have folded that K high flop there, just as I would. But of course, I am a folding station [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It was great to see you as well. Sorry we couldn't get into the same game so we could have really put on a folding clinic. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

LGPG

Old 07-09-2005, 12:51 AM

"Yeah, I know, I should tighten up from the blinds. :-)"

youre joking but we're all serious. that preflop call is horrible.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:55 AM

hi tommy

kapow! lightening. feeder band from hurricane dennis. i almost turned off, but posting is fun. so i post.

kapow! more lightening. listen to that wind. dennis must be gaining strength.

just wanted to tell you that you made an excellent fold. i said i just....forget it. i'll tell you later.

bye for now.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:27 AM

Seriously Tommy,

You gotta keep playing and stop rushing upstairs to write this stuff. It's -EV for you for every hand you miss. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Lawrence
Old 07-09-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HI Sobe,

Ya, I think you would have folded that K high flop there, just as I would. But of course, I am a folding station [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It was great to see you as well. Sorry we couldn't get into the same game so we could have really put on a folding clinic. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

LGPG

[/ QUOTE ]

U missed my play at my table. I put on a raising clinic and scooped pot after pot, until I started getting the table to 3 bet me with ATo, KJo, and other "premium" hands. Unfortunately thats when my buddy showed up and I had to leave [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I think the real turning point in their opinion of me was when I called a raise in the SB with 44, (4 handed) called the flop and turn (3-handed) bets, then when the river was checked through, I tossed a blue chip to the dealer, said 'ship it, tabled my little pair, and scooped the pot. They didn't like me much after that.

-Scott
Old 07-10-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HI Sobe,

LGPG

[/ QUOTE ]

U missed my play at my table. I put on a raising clinic and scooped pot after pot, until I started getting the table to 3 bet me with ATo, KJo, and other "premium" hands. Unfortunately thats when my buddy showed up and I had to leave [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I think the real turning point in their opinion of me was when I called a raise in the SB with 44, (4 handed) called the flop and turn (3-handed) bets, then when the river was checked through, I tossed a blue chip to the dealer, said 'ship it, tabled my little pair, and scooped the pot. They didn't like me much after that.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

You have any details on this...sounds awesome. (this is something Ive been trying to work on, when to call down with low-mid-ish pocket pairs)