Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 02:02 AM

Default A very satisfying hand (NC)

No hand history, but here's how it went down:

First, some background. I'm playing $25 NL at Party. Villain is loose, somewhat aggressive. I have about $25, villain has me covered.

Preflop, villain raises to $1, I reraise to $3 with AK, he calls. Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I don't have a club. He bets $6, I put him on a weaker A here, or a pocket pair. I go all-in for about $16 more. He calls with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and hits a club on the river. He makes some jackass comment about how satisfying it was, and I say that I'll get it back.

I rebuy and build my stack up to about $35. I limp in late position with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] after a few people, including villain, had limped.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He bets $1, a little less than pot. I raise to $3 and he calls, everyone else folded.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet $3, he raises to $10 and I call. I have about $22 left, he has me covered.

River is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets $10, I push, and he calls with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I said something to the effect of "told you I'd get it back" and laugh. He calls me a jerk. I can sleep well now...
Old 06-27-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: A very satisfying hand (NC)

sweet now that youve posted this, the rest of us can sleep well too.