Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 08:27 AM

Default ESPN Editing errors-sorry sorry, yes once again!

I recall seeing a thread like this ages ago but the search button here is less than fantastic so I will start up a new one.

We all know about ESPN's slip up when Tony D folded his "trip jacks" to Hellmuth's "bluff" that misclick was hilarious. Now I cannot even find that link! SORRY I AM A DONK!

I was watching the 2003 WSOP day 3 and caught a funny one, it's new to me so my apologies if this is old news to some. The scene:

Johnny Chan talking about his killer instincts at a poker table, Howard Lederer talking about how he does not want to see Johnny Chan at the table, now we go to the poker table:

Chan looks down to see T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raises preflop from CO (Cutoff position, one off the dealer)

So we see him betting from the CO, it appears the pot is unraised right? First we see the gentleman on his left fold as he is on the button, then it's to the SB, he folds, Howard Lederer is next to act, he folds, guy in yellow shirt next to Lederer folds.....here is where it gets fun. Let's go to Paul Darden, camera goes to Darden and LOOK!! Darden totally hijacked the dealer button from across the table! PD folds on the button, Moneymaker folds, next guy folds, EVERYONE folds to Johnny Chan, and BAM the old timer managed to hijack the Dealer button back from Paul Darden!

So ESPN makes it look like Johnny Chan is UTG or whatever...the entire table acts, the button gets switched a couple of times and BAM Johnny Chan looks like the bully or w/e. I thought it was funny.

On my video it's about 8 minutes in. That makes two videos that Paul Darden was involved in when there was an editing mistake...hmm.....

*edit* once again, sorry if this has been posted. I thought it was hilarious, it's late (or early) and wanted to share!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: ESPN Editing errors-sorry sorry, yes once again!

apology not accepted.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:43 AM

I'm just glad its not my job to edit that crap. Oh man that must be most boring poker job outside of dealing.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:11 AM

aye, mistakes will be made that is ok...i don't know why but i was laughing maniacally...maybe a lack of sleep.