Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 01:44 PM

Default My First Hand Post

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

<font color="white">Hero shows [ Ad, Ah ] three of a kind, aces.
UTG doesn't show [ As, Jc ] a pair of aces.
MP1 shows [ Ts, Tc ] a pair of tens.
Hero wins $15 from the main pot with three of a kind, aces.
</font>

Two things I know right now. I should've reraised pre-flop and I definitely should've bet the flop. Anything else?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: My First Hand Post

Raise preflop, raise the flop. The rest is fine.

Generally don't include the results with the original post either.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:47 PM

sup webgator, welcome to the boards.

you pretty much nailed this one in your post-hand commentary. rest looks good.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two things I know right now. I should've reraised pre-flop and I definitely should've bet the flop. Anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-13-2005, 01:50 PM

Reraise pf.

Definitely raise on the flop and try and protect your hand. After that it looks ok.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry to much about posting AA or other monster hands. They are pretty straight forward 95% of the time.

Post the marginal hands that confused you at some point. Those are the best way to learn.

-G
Old 05-13-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest looks ok, but the first two are pretty bad.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:00 PM

The question is: do you understand WHY we raise and reraise with this preflop? (Because everyone says so, or because they look pretty are not valid responses.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The question is: do you understand WHY we raise and reraise with this preflop? (Because everyone says so, or because they look pretty are not valid responses.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

As for this question, most people would say to limit the playing field, when actually it is to increase our pot equity and the value of my hand, yes?

As for the the other replies, thanks and I will try to post more questionable hands.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As for this question, most people would say to limit the playing field, when actually it is to increase our pot equity and the value of my hand, yes?

As for the the other replies, thanks and I will try to post more questionable hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Basically get as much $ in the pot when you have the most equity. My sample size isn't ginormous like some of the old timers here, but I believe my PT stats have me at winning with AA a little over 70% of the time. BUT, don't neglect your other high pocket pairs preflop, of course.