Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Best college bet......

I think Memphis (-6.5) over Cincinnati is pretty solid
Old 10-21-2004, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Best college bet.......

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] i think the bearcats get mauled..good bet..

but the iced stoned cold sobered is la tech..to cream el paso

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2004, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Best college bet......

I like the Memphis bet as well (I bet it too), but there are two bets I like more:

1) Texas (PK) @ Texas Tech. I cant believe there isnt a spread at all on this game. Yeah TT can obliterate the worst Nebraska team in the history of the known universe, but Texas is a whole other story. They played OU as well as anyone is going to until they meet Auburn or USC in the title game, and have handled their other opponents pretty easily. All TT can do is pass the ball, and Texas's corners and secondary are very good.

2)Miami Fl (-7.5) @ NCState. Miami got the crap scared out of them last Thursday against Louisville and I find it hard to believe that this will be nearly as close. Louisville is a better team than NCState, who have lost to UNC and whose wins against Div I teams have all been by less that 10 points. Miami is by far the best team theyve had to face this year and Im thinking they lose this one by at least 2 touchdowns.

TRWIII
Old 10-21-2004, 07:11 PM

you are absolutely correct on the Memphis bet imo. I wasn't aware of this line. I would have put it somewhere around -13.

Just so you know - I am not a U of Memphis fan in the least despite the fact that I reside here now. But I obviously am able to keep up with them fairly easily.

I have grown-up hating U of Cincinnati though....but that doesn't mean that my opinion that they really suck is incorrect.

UC lost to Army for crying out loud. And they barely beat a pretty ECU team.
memphis was highly respected at the beginning of the season...then the struggle over Ark St (21 points in final 6 mins to win) followed by the loss at UAB brought the public perception of these guys crashing down. But they have won running away in their last two games, albeit against crappy opponents HOU (41-14) and Tulane (49-24).

I think Memphis wins this one running away.

The O/U on this is 57 which doesn't seem too out of line. At 52 or 53 I probably would have taken the over in this as well....but 57 is just high enough for me to stay away from it.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:50 PM

We have local coverage of this one in Memphis so I get to watch this abortion in progress LIVE as it happens.

UC 21 - Memphis 0 - 2nd Q

Memphis overcame a late deficit at Ark St with 3 TD's in 4th Q for a miracle win so maybe they have another big comeback in them.

Looks like a very light-rain there.....but it doesn't appear to be much of a factor
Old 10-23-2004, 07:53 PM

Memphis fake punt at mid-field to pick up a 1st down.
Taking some chances....good sign.

Woo-hoo!! The comeback begins.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have local coverage of this one in Memphis so I get to watch this abortion in progress LIVE as it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHA that's so wrong, it's the funniest thing Ive read all day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

I feel bad about betting this one too right about now.

I still feel good about my Texas and Miami picks though.

TRWIII