Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2003, 10:46 AM

Default Idea for 2+2

I am used to posting on the internet forum but this ider for 2+2 probably fits better here. If I mention my barnyard animals or even my buzzard or Pelican please don't take offense. Also understand that in no way am I referring to Jabba.

Ok now for my ider. How about a new thread called "Member essays"? For example Jason Hold'em writes an ongoing post about his experiences in learning about becoming good enough to earn a living online.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Idea for 2+2

Ok I got a PM complaint about this Post. Could someone explain to me how anyone could feel I am picking on them. I don't see it. Some may not find it funny but picking on an individual?

I don't want to hurt individuals feelings, if someone sees something I'm missing please let me know so I can correct it.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:13 PM

I actually like the idea. davidross, jasonholdem and grinningbuddha all have some form of diary or weekly report they like to post and respond to. A forum for these doesn't seem unreasonable to me although I could easily see why they wouldn't want to go through the effort. But hey, maybe they'd like the idea also.

oh yeah, and buzzards offend me.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:13 PM

Why don't start the thread yourself? Or did you mean a *forum*? If so, way too narrow a subject for a forum, I think.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:23 PM

adde the essays can be about anything informative. From learning to discussing leaks to suggestions. An essay could be titled "This weeks progress" to "What the pros won't tell you." as an example. The commonality is that they are longer posts (expected in this title) but can deal with anything. An essay could be a profile on a pro player even.

Old 09-15-2003, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also understand that in no way am I referring to Jabba.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not sure who Jabba is (other than a member that hasn't posted since mid-June)...and since I'm the only other person you mention in the thread, I'm also confused how this could be considered picking on someone.

I think it's a good idea, but also think it's probably too narrow a focus for a forum. (bummer)

Also, as a side note if you search back in the archives there was a user named mdlm who used to post a journal on the beginners forum...so there are actually four bodies of work out there that I know of. (Admittedly, mdlm did make some questionable decisions and basically refused to take advice from the more veteran players...but he still worked hard...and his posts are actually where I got the idea to start my posts, so credit where credit is due).

Peace,
jHE

EDIT: Ok, I read your follow-up...this might be a good idea afterall...I thought you were just targeting the "journal" writers...if we opened it out to anyone who wanted to write articles I think it definately has potential.

EDIT EDIT: Especially since david and GB post their journals in texas holdem and I post mine in the zoo.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also understand that in no way am I referring to Jabba.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not sure who Jabba is (other than a member that hasn't posted since mid-June)...and since I'm the only other person you mention in the thread, I'm also confused how this could be considered picking on someone.

Jason I will go on record as saying you didn't get complain and the the user Jabba hasn't complained. This complaint is so bazar in my opinion I almost copied and pasted his PM to this post. How can someone be so obsessed with getting my posts with my humor banned?
Old 09-15-2003, 06:02 PM

he must have pelican envy.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:10 PM

He is obviously not an animal lover [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Has he in his PM's specifically told you what he has a problem with? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2003, 06:13 PM

I actually think a "member essay" forum is a great idea.