Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 06:41 PM

Default YPN (Nutz Poker and many other skins) to go out of business

Another one bites the dust. This was some of the worst, buggiest software I have seen and the rake was the worst on the net. I a msure this is why they had no games and now are going under.

Dear NutzPoker Players,

We am very sorry to inform you that NutzPoker will be closing effective December 30, 2004. All games and tournament activity will cease effective December 01, 2004.

Please cashout your remaining funds prior to December 30, 2004. We can process your cashout via NETeller, FirePay or PrePaidATM at this time.

We regret that we have been forced to take this action but we have been informed by YPN, the software provider of NutzPoker and the website, that they will be going out of business. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. In no way or manner is NutzPoker responsible for this closing. We are being forced to close by YPN, the network, itself because they can no longer conduct business.

Sincerely,

NutzPoker

Please send all inquiries, support or cashout questions to support@nutzpoker.com Thanks!
Old 11-30-2004, 07:11 PM

Default Re: YPN (Nutz Poker and many other skins) to go out of business

Here is a list of the skins to avoid

DeltaPoker, PokerDreams, PokerPot, TipsyPoker, NutzPoker, Pokeroo, SeniorPoker, CheckorBet
Old 11-30-2004, 07:12 PM

Mary 4 Online Poker's reputation 0

Lori
Old 11-30-2004, 07:49 PM

DeltaPoker

i would not be surised to see delta reopen with its own software. as a piece of internet poker history trivia, they were the second site to open, beaten only by planet.

the operators thought joining YPN would help build the base. i guess this did not happen, but i also think the loyal base they had would stick with them if they went back to their own platform.

if delta reopens, nobody needs to worry about them. they may not have the greatest software if they go back to the old client, but your money will be perfectly safe.

all you have to do is make sure that a man named Ciro is running the show, and i will vouch for them 100%. if they sell out, or ciro is no longer there, then my comments no longer apply.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:08 PM

Yes my experiences with Ciro have been good. At the old Delta and I also tried to clear the impossible bonus on the YPN software. He openly agreed about all the bugs the software had and seemed very interested in input although most if not all of that was beyond his control.

This network had terrible software with many bugs, the worst rake on the net, virtually no games and the ones they had were terrible 2-3 big bet pots, a marketing person who did not appear to be liked in the poker community (although I have no issue at all with this person) and a bonus that could not be cleared due to the lack of games. They did have great support and many multis a day with money added that usually had less then 10 signups.

So how many is that this year that have gone bust?
Big Bet (Pokerpot, a YPN skin was a part of this one too)
Choice (included 3 other skins)
Propoker
now an 8 skin YPN network
Am I missing any?
Old 11-30-2004, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing any?

[/ QUOTE ]

Desert Poker going to Prima and allegedly stiffing a bunch of props. Zero Rake also gave us a false alarm, but they still seem to be alive and spamming.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. They did have great support and many multis a day with money added that usually had less then 10 signups.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha these guys never ever had any chance.

little annoying anecdote.I play pretty much as many overlays as possible anywhere.

well my last tourney at Pokeroo/YPN the tourney looked like it was going to be a huge overlay.YPN seeing this did 2 things they extended the registration period for like 20 minutes pretending they were having tech issues..then 10 minutes just before the tourney(still an overlay)is supposed to start they change it from a freezeout to unlimited rebuys...hahah WTF..that was when I cashed out..this was about 4-5 weeks ago.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all you have to do is make sure that a man named Ciro is running the show, and i will vouch for them 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just had a brief chat w/Ciro, and he sent me this email which will be going out to all the players with money at Delta:

We just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know about some upcoming changes that are taking place at Delta. As you may or may not have heard, YPN our network and software provider has decided to close down. Whilst we were contractually promised 30 days notice, unfortunately we only given 36 hours, so we are going to experience some down time. It is important for you to know that this isn’t a big a deal, but is kind of a pain in the short term.

Things haven’t been great with YPN for some time now, and we have been at odds with many of their decisions including the downgrading of customer support, which many of you have commented on – and which as you all well know, has always been very close to our hearts, so we have actually been exploring other options for a couple of months. Another thing you all know about us, is that our word is our bond, and we promised YPN that if the differences could not be resolved, then we would give them 30 days notice of any move on our part. So obviously, while planning our move, we always expected a 30 day window to make the proper arrangements and assist with a clean transfer without any downtime. As we have been denied that notice, Delta will have to have some downtime while put together the finishing touches on our new home.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to book a moving van on short notice? LOL So if you see a little pickup truck putt putting down the road, with two guys hanging out the window singing what a wonderful world – just wave and @giggle.

Fortunately we were already in discussions with other networks regarding our future, so it won’t be long before we’re up and running again in a new location. In the mean time all Delta members are free to either move your money back to NETeller, Firepay or PrePaid ATM (whichever deposit option you used) or leave it with us and we’ll transfer it across to our new location as soon as we are back up. YPN has agreed to keep the software running until December 31st, to allow members to log-in and process a cash-out if that is your wish.

Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused and know that we’ll miss you over the next two or three weeks while we’re moving and we look forward to seeing (and kidding around with) you at our tables real soon. We’ll update you as soon as we have a re-launch date to give you. In the mean time please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have ANY questions or comments.

Best regards,

Joey & Ciro

Ciro did add in our conversation that Delta is "harder to kill than a cockroach." I don't see how you can argue against that.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:32 AM

There was a different site a couple years ago called Nuttz.com, and they had a game going once, but not for long.

Poof.

Also, I believe others have mentioned the site SunrisePoker.com, and that that web address is now an affiliate link or something.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:37 AM

There was a different site a couple years ago called Nuttz.com, and they had a game going once, but not for long.

I remember this one becasue I was bust out at the time. They gave everyone $75 free and we had to play 250 raked hands cash out. The players were absolutely crazy with their free money and I cashed out with $350. This helped me build a new bankroll. However, after the free cash was gone nobody stayed for the 10% rake, and slow software.