Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 03:38 PM

Default call, fold or raise this river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 07-07-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: call, fold or raise this river?

I'm having a hard time seeing why you didn't three-bet the flop. Aside from a 4, which isn't that likely, he most likely has a flush draw, a weaker T, or a pp like 88 or something, and maybe ocassionally overcards or something weird like that.

Given that you just called on the flop and checked the turn, I'd check/call the river as I want to induce a busted flush draw to bet. He only needs to have it 1:6.5 times without having caught a K on the river, I think the call is pretty easy.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:46 PM

It looks like a busted flush draw enough times to induce a bluff by check/calling. Since everyone folded to CO's raise I think this calls for a donk bet on the turn when the blank hits.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:48 PM

i normally 3 bet the flop , however, in the last week i got up against some monsters, sets, trips , etc. , so i'm tight agressive passive. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i normally 3 bet the flop , however, in the last week i got up against some monsters, sets, trips , etc. , so i'm tight agressive passive. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know you should 3-bet the flop, don't make adjustments from +ev poker because of negative variance.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:48 PM

you are correct
Old 07-07-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having a hard time seeing why you didn't three-bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. You are ahead here and gain control with a 3 bet. If he caps and continues to show aggression then it may be different but I still call down. Opps..wasn't this a river question?
Old 07-07-2005, 08:43 PM

Please, what are you doing to make the hand converter work for PP? I must be doing something idiotic b/c it's not working for me, but I'm just copying and pasting from hand history... any ideas?
Old 07-07-2005, 08:57 PM

you copy and paste the entire hand history. then click convert and it comes out on the other side. Then you copy paste the conversion.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:49 PM

I would bet the turn ( you are likely against a flush draw). Barring a raise on the turn I bet the river.