Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2004, 08:07 PM

Default I need a reaming for this... JJ

Not happy with myself on this hand. Really don't know where to start...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (10 handed)

CO ($82.05)
Button ($38.10)
SB ($59.25)
BB ($41.75)
UTG ($3.10)
UTG+1 ($26.35)
UTG+2 ($15)
MP1 ($17.65)
Hero ($30.70)
MP3 ($103.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $1.50, MP1 calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50.

<font color="blue"> I'm experimenting a bit right now on having JJ as a limp hand with lots of callers like this situation. If flop comes low then I can bet it hard. The raise from CO has me worried, but still worth the call. </font>

Flop: ($10.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

<font color="blue"> Flop comes all low, just like I'd wanted. I check, planning to min raise the CO when he bets out again to see how he likes the hand. I've found this very effective in the past. The only problem is it's not too effective when he doesn't bet. Hmmm.... </font>

Turn: ($10.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets $5</font>, MP1 calls $5, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, MP3 calls $10, CO folds, UTG+2 calls $5, MP1 calls $5.

<font color="blue"> UTG+2 comes alive now, can't really be sure what he has on this. No flush or straight got made so I think he's got his own weak overpair of 99 or 1010. I min raise (too weak on my part?) and can lay it down if I get pushed hard again. </font>

River: ($50.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises to $20</font>, UTG+2 calls $3 (All-In), MP1 calls $5.65 (All-In), Hero calls $8.70 (All-In).

<font color="blue"> I think this bet on the river is a big mistake on my part. Only gonna get called by a hand that beats me. When the raise comes, I feel pot committed with the last 10 but am not confident I will win. </font>

Final Pot: $98.10

Huge pot, still unhappy with the play. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Re: I need a reaming for this... JJ

2 things I see here:

1. Re-raise PF (I know position on the original raiser sucks, but at least you may find out where you are early, plus he raised such a small amount in relation to all the limpers, that it makes me think of a mid-PP)

2. Pot the flop.... This is a great flop for you, and I think by potting it now, you will gain better insight as to how to play the rest of the hand. I think if I were called after potting this flop, I would proceed depending on my position to the caller(s)... If raised, I think you can probably fold... too many hands out there that beat you or are favorites to beat you by the river that will raise in this situation(Flush draw, naked 2 protecting hand[This is Party, almost any A2 would call that small PF raise at this site], pocket 6's, bigger PP).