Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Pocket Jacks Party poker 2040 How do you play every street

UTG+1 is 23/14/1.8
First round at the table

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

I think I should have checked the river.
What do you think about every street?
why is my type in red?
Old 11-13-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Pocket Jacks Party poker 2040 How do you play every street

I'd check the river and sigh when he turned over QQ.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:26 PM

your type is red because you never ended: ([)color:"#CC3333"]

preflop fine:

flop: there are merits to just calling here HU and raising the turn and checking behind the river. raising the flop is fine but what do you do when he 3bets you with that draw out there?

thing is he could have AKdd, TT-AA with wieghts hevier towards the AA than the TT. i dont mind calling the flop.

Turn: not the best idea imo if you plan on betting the river, to show it down at that point for 2 bets is fine. i think id just call the turn and call river.

River: check behind.

Barron
Old 11-13-2005, 05:19 PM

He's raised an UTG limper indicating a strong hand and youve re-raised that indicating a very strong hand. Therefore I think he probably puts you on a big pair or AK. He still capped it pre-flop, and despite you raising the flop, he still comes out betting the turn. I think you'll be shown a better hand far more than 50% of the time when you bet the river.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:48 AM

What about AhKh? Does this player have a history of donk betting after being shown aggression? If not, the turn donk bet (especially since there was no 3-bet) seems to be a hand that improved to a better draw on the turn. I would definitely not put the villain on this hand exclusively, but I think it should be added to his range.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:06 AM

I would have just called down after the cap preflop. If he ever checks to me i will bet. I think he has 2 qqueens. Your hope is 1010 but i think QQ or KK and he's a mlittle worried you have AA.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:05 AM

You think he has QQ but never 3-bet anywhere? I know 1.8 isn't that aggressive but I still think it gets a 3-bet in there somewhere.

I'd say he has TT JJ or QQ. KK and AA would even more assuredly put in 3 bets on some street I'd think.

6 ways for TT + 1 way for JJ &gt; 6 ways for QQ.

I doubt he called the turn with JJ and will fold the river though. If you can throw some other hands in there like AK or 88/77 even a small fraction of the time it should push the chance that you are ahead even more.

You do have a problem though if he was on a flush draw and is looking to check-raise the river because he knows you'll bet your overpair again.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:13 AM

If you are holding jj's and you put him on 10,qq,kk, and AA like you say. He is much more likely to have you beat than not beat.

I didnt say dont 3 bet. Preflop i would 3 bet. I said on the flop on i would call down and bet if he checks. Because there is noone else in pot. You dont have to worry about protecting the hand agaisnt other player. You lose less when your beat. And by your lack of aggression post flop you will get [paid off by Ak and Ak if he checks the river and you bet. If they check the river you should definately bet. You will be ahread most of the time.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:18 AM

I didn't mean the reply against you specifically. And ya AA-TT are considered preflop, but I think once he doesn't 3-bet any of the flop of turn then you could pretty much discount AA, most of KK, and some of QQ. Just the weighting of it based on flop play was what I was getting at. And even that goes out the window if he's tricky or ultra-passive.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:28 AM

Oh ok. I wasn't sure if it was directed at me or not. Was gonna put at end of my post " thats if you were refering to me" haha.