Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Is this kind of treatment from PartyPoker Support normal and accepted

PartyPoker has at their tables had something they call "Lucky Hand" in wait for their 3 000 000 000th hand played at their site. While seated at 5$ SNG, I was lucky enough to be able to participate in one of these hands (hand number 2 985 000 000). We ended up three people all-in, in addition to a caller. A person who quadrupled his stack, I received 80 more than I had bet, and the last guy who was all-in was returned 80 in chips.

A couple of hours later I was on the phone with PartyPoker Support about another case (4 E-mails which I had sent them without getting replied for about a week). I then brought up this "LuckyHand" case to ask how much I had won and when I would receive the bonus. The person on the phone said the total of the bonus was 37500$, whereas the winner of the hand would receive 50%, and the remaining 50% would be split among the rest of the players involved in the hand (nine people).

Five minutes after our conversation ended the person I spoke to called me back. He said he had given me the wrong information, and deeply apologized. It appears it wasn't 37500$ which would be given as a total bonus, but instead 22500$. He told me he had contacted "the department handling this" and that I would receive 3750$ for my participation in the hand (1/3 of the 50% which were supposed to go to the winner since we were three winners and a loser at showdown). I then asked if he was absolutely sure about this! He said he was, and that I would receive the money within 24 hours. I asked him to double-check this so I would be sure about how much I would receive. He was gone a few seconds and then confirmed I would get 3750$ within 24 hours.

After three days I called support again as I still had not received any money. They said they were sorry and told me to wait another 48 hours. 40 hours later I got home, checked my account, and saw that money had been transferred, but ONLY 1250$ which is 1/9 of 50%. I was afraid something like this would happen, and that was exactly why I asked the guy I spoke to over the phone to confirm the amount of money several times earlier. I called support once again, and spoke to a man who seemed even more confused. He spent 20 minutes checking with the departments, came back and said "we are sorry he told you it was 37500$ which would be dealt, and not 22500$ as it actually was". I said I already was aware of that, and asked him what happened to the 3750$ which was the amount of money I was assured I would receive (calculated from the 22500$). He guided me to a list at PartyPoker's site where everyone who receive money for "Lucky Hand" are displayed, and then referred to where it said I would receive 1250$. He apologized for the error and said "We anticipate your future cooperation on this matter" as he seemed upset and wanted me to finish the conversation.

I then never received any more information other than a single apology from him.

If any of you really took the trouble reading all this, am I the only one who thinks this is a bad way of solving this matter concerning customer-service? Everyone can make mistakes from time to time (even though they are asked three times to double-check the information they give), but I experienced this matter as if they EXPECTED my cooperation further in the case, not to mention the bad tone used towards me while telling me this.

It seemed like he only wanted me to get of the phone and start using the money at there site. It also seemed like he did not check other than the first thing i was told was won ( the one about 37500 intead of 22500 that I was informed about when i was called back ) I did never dispute that i was 22500 totaly to be distriputed at the table. Only that i had got 1250$ insted of the 3750 that I was told i was going to get. I was never told on the phone today WHY it suddenly was going to be 1250 insted !! only that that was the case and that i han now choise but to accept it.

I have wthdrawn all my money from PartyPoker now. and several of my friend say that they have opend accounts at other sites and are playing there insted. I will NOt return to PartyPoker until someone in there Managment or higer upp in the supportteam calls med or mails me a formal oppolgy for the missbehavior of the Supportemploye. and hopefully come with some kind of komensation.

Do you think i am overreacting ?? I se almost no point in E-Mailing them, They apparently do not read Mails sent from my account when i have on several occations erlier sent several e-mails without ANY kind of responce. Are there any of you that has an e-mail adress to rany of there supervisors ?? Maby they read there mail or has not blocked hotmail.com from theere innbox. If the person i spoke too at Party had seemed more like he actualy wanted to help. i would not have been this upsett and maby not event left the network. But now the damage is done they wil have to work hard or come up with a GOD compensation to get me an back there and to get me to tell people to play there within the next year or more.
Any more people having truble with PartyPoker's Support Or have any GOD idea how to resolve this isue ?

Just had to Blow off some steam.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Is this kind of treatment from PartyPoker Support normal and accep

I didnt take the time to read that all.....but yes, Partys support is a joke and among the worst in the industry.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Is this kind of treatment from PartyPoker Support normal and accepted

you just got over a grand free from playing in a 5$ game and you are whining? man, some people are really greedy

but yes, PP support is disgraceful. they take weeks to answer emails
Old 11-09-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Is this kind of treatment from PartyPoker Support normal and accepted

what would happen if it were 4 handed, 3 players go all in and 4 aces with a K kicker is dealt on the board, do the "winners" split 50% and the guy who sat out gets the other 50%?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you just got over a grand free from playing in a 5$ game and you are whining? man, some people are really greedy

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be a joke.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:21 PM

If it makes you feel better, they did give you the correct amount. The winner gets half of the 22500 and the rest of the table splits the other half. So, 9 players (including you) should have received 1/18 of 22500, or $1250.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what would happen if it were 4 handed, 3 players go all in and 4 aces with a K kicker is dealt on the board, do the "winners" split 50% and the guy who sat out gets the other 50%?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fairest way of doing this would be to split the 50% for the winner among the three winners, give the loser the 1/6 (1/3 of the remaining 1/2) table share and split the other 2/6 of the table share among the three winners.

In other words, the loser would get 1/6 of the pool and winners would each get 5/18 (1/6 + 1/3*2/6) of the pool.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:28 PM

Posting here is not going to get Party's attention. If you really want to get your money you will have to keep calling them. The magic words, after carefully explaining the problem to each person you talk to, are "i'm not satisfied with your response, please put me through to your supervisor".

& while you're waiting on hold you can contemplate the advantages of a business model that supplies such bad customer support that people give up, rather than try to get the money they're entitled to.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:28 PM

you were doing decent until this paragraph
[ QUOTE ]
I have wthdrawn all my money from PartyPoker now. and several of my friend say that they have opend accounts at other sites and are playing there insted. I will NOt return to PartyPoker until someone in there Managment or higer upp in the supportteam calls med or mails me a formal oppolgy for the missbehavior of the Supportemploye. and hopefully come with some kind of komensation.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like someone else typed this part for you..lol
Old 11-09-2005, 07:29 PM

by the way, let us know if you get any "komensation"