Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 05:36 PM

Default ***Official Release*** Watch me play poker through .avi TStoneMBD.com

This post marks the official release of my new website:

www.TStoneMBD.com

The purpose of TStoneMBD.com is to allow people to download recordings of my sessions 4tabling the Party 15-30 games (I currently 8-table them but only 4tables will be recorded for optimal performance). There is no blog or any affiliate type of stuff. TStoneMBD.com is entirely nonprofit. The sole intention of this project is for people to watch myself play and point out mistakes and flaws they see so that I can improve as a poker player. Hopefully in the process of watching and discussion those watching will improve as well.

Currently there are 8 hours of myself uploaded. Each .avi file is approximately 50 megabytes and server speed is very fast. If interest exceedes expectations and people watch all 8 hours I will record more sessions and upload them as well. Please only download sessions that you intend to watch. If people start downloading all 8 sessions but only watch 1 or 2 my bandwidth charges might get crazy.

There is a forum that I have created that is linked from the main page of www.TStoneMBD.com . The purpose of the forum is for people who are watching my sessions to post hands they think I could have played better, or to post hands that they want me to clarify my reasoning for the line I took. I ask that if you watch my sessions that you please take time to include yourself in the discussion for my benefit. For the record, I feel a little silly having a website with my name in the title, but I couldn't come up with a better one.

Please post any suggestions, ideas or thoughts in this thread or the forum at TStoneMBD.com. If you just want to bump this thread every time it falls off the page I'm ok with that too. :P

Btw, if there is anyone who thinks I am compromising the forum's integrity by advertising my website in a thread, I asked Mat Sklansky's for his approval and was granted.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: ***Official Release*** Watch me play poker through .avi TStoneMBD

Hey, thanks for the videos, it is a great help to more novice players like myself.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:56 PM

Very cool idea.

GoT
Old 10-16-2005, 06:07 PM

bad quality + no animations = thumbs down

i think you could do better, i'm not hating, i'm trying to give constructive crit.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:10 PM

what do you mean no animations? youre right that the quality is poor though. in order to have better quality, file size of each video goes up dramatically. if you want 100% quality with a better framerate it comes out to about 11MB per minute, or 660MB for 1 hour. i felt that 50MB for 1 hour with less quality was far more optimal. you can easily make out all the action, stats and cards, its just not as pretty as it could be. i totally agree though, i tried to get the quality and frame rate up higher but it just wasnt optimal imo.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:56 PM

I'm using real player as a default player for .avi extensions and the two times I've opened the file my computer seems to change to the highest resolution and goes black. I ended having to restart my computer. Is there any other player I could use?
Old 10-16-2005, 06:57 PM

It works fine for my with Windows Media Player.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:00 PM

bdids just informed me that videolan works better for him for these videos than his normal media players, you can download it here:

http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/vi....8.2-win32.exe

i dont know what problem you are having in particular, but if you double click the real player window, or dont move your mouse for a few seoncds it should expand to full screen. if you move your mouse it shrinks it. annoying i know, but i dont think there is a way to fix it.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:02 PM

I've been using a freeware viewer for over a year now and I'm extremely happy with it. If you want to try it...

www.bsplayer.com
Old 10-16-2005, 07:04 PM

I guess it's just my computer then cause I also tried windows media player and got the same problem too. Will try that videolan player and hope it works. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]