Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2003, 07:31 PM

Default PartyPoker support... will I ever get a refund?

I posted about this earlier, but I am starting to get irritated by a lack of response from PartyPoker.

Last night I was playing in a $50+5 NLHE sit-n-go, and after they popped up a message saying that no new single table tourneys were going to start for a while, everyone on my table was automatically set on away, and folded to the big blind on every hand. We couldn't turn this off, and we all sat and watched and bitched in chat while we tried to call support. Then after around 10 - 15 minutes of this and trying to get through to support, 1 player starts calling and betting and takes everyones money while the rest of us are still forced to fold.

I finally got through on the phone to their support people, but got disconnected after I thought I heard her say it was the players fault. I did not feel this was a satisfactory answer, so I sent an email to them including the tourney hand history and all other pertinent information. It is now 24 hours later and I still haven't heard anything back from them.

Is this something normal I can expect from them? Do you think I will ever get a refund for my buy-in to the tourney? It seems to me I have a pretty reasonable request, especially if they just look at the hand history and see that everyone folded until the last 10 hands or so, and the fact that 9 other people inquired about this.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:48 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker support... will I ever get a refund?

>Is this something normal I can expect from them?

have you ever read this forum before? yes, this is exactly what you can expect.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:16 AM

they are the worst
ive never had this type of problem though, my problems are simple
playing 2 tables with 1 allin remaining, it takes about an hour to get the allins reset to 2
usually it goes like this- me:hi i need my allins reset, i realize i have 1 left, but im playing 2 tables
floorpersonlease hold while i look into this for you
15 minutes go by
floorperson:yes, we see you still have 1 allin remaining, you can reset these when you have 0 left. you can do this yourself by clicking blah blah blah.
me: did you even read what i said? i need the allins reset now, im on two tables and i have only 1 left.
floorperson: please hold
10 minutes go by
floorpersonk we have reset your allins
Old 07-13-2003, 12:45 PM

Well I did get my refund thanks to the help of another forum poster who PMed me. I don't know if he wants me to name names, but he can post and take credit if he wants, I really appreciate it!

P.S. - Sorry OC, it wasn't your PM soliciting your forum that helped me [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2003, 01:56 PM

I dident know party poker had such a bad service. Has there been any problems cashing out? Im curius, cause I play there alot at the moment. If you want good service, I can strongly recommend pokerstars, and true poker. they really value their players. oh by the the way LADBROKES U SUCK. dahm disconnections all the time, and no service what so ever GRRRRR.... [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]