Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Whiiifffff!!!!!! (nc)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Whiiifffff!!!!!! (nc)

Even with that many callers, I think this is a fold preflop.

edit: Didn't see the nc
Old 05-05-2005, 03:12 AM

Preflop is fine. Bet the flop though. Fastplaying is the new slowplaying, blah blah blah.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:25 AM

I don't think he was slow-playing. I think he made an attempt at a check-raise. Given that there were seven players to act behind him, it's not remotely unreasonable to think that someone would like this enough to throw a bet at it. I assume you were going for the check-raise, right? You weren't slow-playing, right? RIGHT??

I also assume that on the turn you came out betting, reraising anything that came back to you. After all, anything else would be uncivilized.

You tried for a check-raise in a situation where it was highly likely you'd get a chance. It didn't work -- don't be too upset about it. You were right to try: with seven left to act, you're VERY likely to find a check-raise opportunity from SB.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he was slow-playing. I think he made an attempt at a check-raise. Given that there were seven players to act behind him, it's not remotely unreasonable to think that someone would like this enough to throw a bet at it. I assume you were going for the check-raise, right? You weren't slow-playing, right? RIGHT??

I also assume that on the turn you came out betting, reraising anything that came back to you. After all, anything else would be uncivilized.

You tried for a check-raise in a situation where it was highly likely you'd get a chance. It didn't work -- don't be too upset about it. You were right to try: with seven left to act, you're VERY likely to find a check-raise opportunity from SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's better to come out betting, find out who is interested and set up a turn check/raise.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is fine. Bet the flop though. Fastplaying is the new slowplaying, blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

What jason said. You're gonna get a million callers.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:34 AM

Talk about good table selection...the best 5/10 full games I can find have a 22% VPIP...
Old 05-05-2005, 03:57 AM

You don't want to protect your hand, you want to build a pot here. Check-raising puts pressure on hands in between you and the bettor. You want everyone behind you to call for one more measly bet (to them) when they are drawing (nearly) dead. You don't want to make them coldcall two. I mean, you do, but they're more likely to call one than coldcall two.

In other words, you have huge equity here. Push it.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:08 AM

You checked why ?
Old 05-05-2005, 05:53 AM

party 5-10 full sucks donkey balls

never play there