Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 09-08-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Clonie Gowen

I know Clonie Gowen is one of the "name" poker players, but can tell me her poker accomplishments? Seems like she hasn't done anything to warrant so much attention except for the fact she has a pretty face.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Clonie Gowen

You're right.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know Clonie Gowen is one of the "name" poker players, but can tell me her poker accomplishments? Seems like she hasn't done anything to warrant so much attention except for the fact she has a pretty face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her face is just as overrated as her game.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Far and away the best looking poker player. And that includes Hellmuth.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, you are wrong. She is a founder of a poker players 'union', which provides health insurance and security to professional players. She is a businesswoman, and is equally as important as other key female players in our industry such as Linda Johnson (for different reasons of course).

TT
Old 09-08-2005, 08:23 PM

She also has a killer body and doesn't mind showing cleavage. I find it insulting that you think that someone could possible succeed in the poker world with just a pretty face.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Far and away the best looking poker player. And that includes Hellmuth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sat next to her towards the end of a 150NL last fall at The Wildhorse. She was far from scary. I cracked a joke referring to the "bust a pro" prizes that were offered and she seized up and mummbled something about how big the payout was and I shouldn't be worried about winning a blanket.

She also doesn't look very good in person as she chain smokes and it shows in her leather like skin.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:35 PM

10th in a WPT Costa Rica tourney, 1st in the 2003 WPT ladies night, other success, but nothing especially noteworthy of which I'm aware.

I think she makes a solid living at poker or did until she got so many other things going on.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1st in the 2003 WPT ladies night

[/ QUOTE ]

If you saw that show, you saw that she sucked out on everyone at that table it was just painfull to watch. She isnt very good and overall hasnt really done...well anything when it comes to winning at poker, she just basically won that ladies night event and she was the only ok looking blond that played poker so all the advertisers jumped her. However she did start the poker players association so at least she didnt just take the money and run, I for one respect her for that, because she could have been like hellmuth and just taken the money and made a run for it rather than do something positive with it.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She also has a killer body and doesn't mind showing cleavage. I find it insulting that you think that someone could possible succeed in the poker world with just a pretty face.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh