Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-27-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: \"Live\" Videos

The video for "Turn My Head" is decent, but, like all the others, shows a bit too much of Ed singing.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i love that throwing coppper album. it's fantastic from front to back. it is one of my favorite albums of all time

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-27-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i love that throwing coppper album. it's fantastic from front to back. it is one of my favorite albums of all time

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i thought daryn was being sarcastic but both felicia lee and dcifer have quoted it now.

am i just way off here?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:35 PM

Granted, the country song at the end isn't on my top ten list, but the rest of the album is unbelievably fantastic, IMO.

It depends on what you like in music though. It's such a subjective thing. I look for a vocalist, usually. He has to sound in pain, he has to sound anguished and hurt. Think Everclear. Lyrics can be very important. In the case of Everclear, they had to be, because Art couldn't sing. In other cases, lyrics aren't as important, as long as the dude seems like he is hurting and raw.

Obviously Live appealed to me in that arena, as well as in the percussionist. He didn't just beat out a rhythm, he really played those drums.

Glenn, OTOH, prefers Mental Jewelry. Go figure.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i thought daryn was being sarcastic but both felicia lee and dcifer have quoted it now.

am i just way off here?

[/ QUOTE ]

no man, i really love that album.. no super secret triple sarcasm included
Old 12-27-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Granted, the country song at the end isn't on my top ten list, but the rest of the album is unbelievably fantastic, IMO.

It depends on what you like in music though. It's such a subjective thing. I look for a vocalist, usually. He has to sound in pain, he has to sound anguished and hurt. Think Everclear. Lyrics can be very important. In the case of Everclear, they had to be, because Art couldn't sing. In other cases, lyrics aren't as important, as long as the dude seems like he is hurting and raw.

Obviously Live appealed to me in that arena, as well as in the percussionist. He didn't just beat out a rhythm, he really played those drums.

Glenn, OTOH, prefers Mental Jewelry. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this follows from the fact that I just love the "garage band" sound.. that's my "raw" form that I love. Like NIN's very first one with Trent doing, well, everything. I really like the later stuff from him too, he's just an enigma, but other bands, once they get the funding and everything is polished, that really 'raw-ness' is lost.

~Glenn
Old 12-27-2005, 08:45 PM

Oh, as far as Live goes, I liked them when they were new- but I think i was around 12 at the time.

Now when I hear them (while not often) I love it. I belt out the words, etc. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it reminds me of 6th grade but they wrote some damn catchy songs.

I would have bet money that Daryn was being sarcastic though. I guess my sarcasm meter is expiring. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]