Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: \"oh stacy!\"

[ QUOTE ]

Something like "Im sorry beautiful you know I only love you,want to go shopping?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a man who will always have his pick of the most beautiful women on the planet - frequently in groups of two or more.

In a civilized society he would surely be King.

- nh

After the shopping, offer her a foot massage; I mean, c'mon - you did [censored] up big time. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Coulda been worse. Could been 'oh, mom!'

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] People who compare you to jakethebake really don't give you enough credit.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
O.K. Seriously ?

Tell your GF you love her (I assume you do) and that as much as you are ashamed to admit it, what occured was just proof-positive that at this stage in your life the "little head" does alot of the thinking. Confess to having fantasies about everything from threesomes with two cheerleaders to a quickie with your neighbor's collie - you know, the one with that really nice ass.

Then look her in the eyes and say, "I fantasize about them - and I'm not sure there's any way for me to stop myself from doing so - but you are the only girl in the world I want to actually be with".

- If she has a particular sensitivity to the fact that, A: this girl is a friend of hers, and B: that this is someone you have actually been with, explain to her that you were absolutely certain you'd be receiving grief for having gotten trashed at [her] party and that is why Stacy's name was on the tip of your tongue (OK, do NOT use that particular phrase).

Toss in a "I should have known you'd be way too cool to get all jealous . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd leave out the last line, and the bit about the collie. But otherwise this is a fairly reasonable line to take. If you can get her to meet with you to talk, be very apologetic. Make sure to show you understand how much that must have hurt her. And then try to explain.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:51 AM

this happened to me once before. my GF called me the name of my best friend probably the 2nd or 3rd time we were doing it.

my best friend was her ex boyfriend.

she felt terrible about it..and started insta-crying. i just wanted to finish though...so i didn't make a big deal out of it.

i joked about it once afterward...but she cried again so i just let it go.

so: the moral of this story: lots of crying
Old 12-10-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alobar - this happened to me (I'm sure this has happened to alot of guys). After she stormed out(we were at my place), I just let her cool out and called her the next day, came over with flowers. She eventually understood (after much apologizing) it was some weird residual memory [censored], and it happens. But my ex-gf was also way out of the picture...

Just reassess tomorrow. She'll probably (since she sounds like a cool, level-headed chick) be much less freaked next time you see her.

Hopefully your "Oh Stacy" did not bring out some unpleasant subconscious [censored] and your gf will really start to become bothered / insecure with your friendship with Stacy. If that's the case, all "Oh Stacy" did was speed up something that probably would've come out at some point, anyway.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent post.

I plan on doing the flower thing in a little while (I just woke up)
Old 12-10-2005, 03:59 PM

Life is easier if you only date chicks who all have the same name. That's my current strategy.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

she felt terrible about it..and started insta-crying. i just wanted to finish though...so i didn't make a big deal out of it.

i joked about it once afterward...but she cried again so i just let it go.

so: the moral of this story: lots of crying

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this is awesome. Kinda reminds me of Henry Rollins bit about how gay men have it good "a room full of gay men, theres no talking, no BS, just the sound of belt buckles hitting the floor" (or something to that effect)
Old 12-10-2005, 04:06 PM

Are the names close? I once made the mistake of dating Meredith, Melanie, and then Melina in succession. I quickly realized saying names during sex would be bad, so I just switched to, "How do you like that, whore?"

They much prefered that to being called the wrong name.

I also once dated a girl who dumped a Brian for me (also Brian), and followed me up with another Brian. She either made this name mistake once as well, or had a tattoo that I never saw.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I want to know is why you're driving all over the place if you're too smashed to even think.

[/ QUOTE ]

when did he say anything about driving?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are the names close? I once made the mistake of dating Meredith, Melanie, and then Melina in succession. I quickly realized saying names during sex would be bad, so I just switched to, "How do you like that, whore?"

They much prefered that to being called the wrong name.

I also once dated a girl who dumped a Brian for me (also Brian), and followed me up with another Brian. She either made this name mistake once as well, or had a tattoo that I never saw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did any of this happen in the 21st Century? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]